Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya. Can't wait to try out all the quick adjustments and enables. I'll be like a kid in a candy shop.

One question in advance about boost by gear. Can I just limit boost in first and leave everything else unchanged? Do I really even need to worry about using boost by gear? I generally pretty much never floor it at takeoff.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hear ya. Can't wait to try out all the quick adjustments and enables. I'll be like a kid in a candy shop.

One question in advance about boost by gear. Can I just limit boost in first and leave everything else unchanged? Do I really even need to worry about using boost by gear?
you dont have to worry about it but it will help with wheel spin on launches :) And yeah set it to a psi that doesnt spin and leave the rest alone is ok

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you dont have to worry about it but it will help with wheel spin on launches :) And yeah set it to a psi that doesnt spin and leave the rest alone is ok
X2. I did a 18# limit in first when I was on the basemaps. The TSP stage 1 has a limit of 18-19 as well. It's just enough on these hot days to prevent wheel spin. The winter may be a different story. Like @dallasjhawk said... once you get a point where you get no wheelspin you're good-to-go, mash your gas... keep your eye on the road and smile.

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX 2.0L CVT
Country flag
Just purchased a Ktuner v1.2, and just would like to put my two cents in about the responsiveness of the tune to the CVT model.
In regards to throttle response only (i was fortunate enough to WIN a 2018 Civic 2.0L cvt..had i the choice, it’d be a mt 1.5t but ill take it), ive tinkered around with the presets of the throttle response 1&2, and oh boy. Immediate clear difference.
The CVT no longer produces a feeling of pushing your foot into a sponge with no result. Thoroughly pleased and impressed!
By the way, currently on a Siri Moto phase 2 full suspension kit, aem cai, and of course ktuner v1.2
@gtman

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just purchased a Ktuner v1.2, and just would like to put my two cents in about the responsiveness of the tune to the CVT model.
In regards to throttle response only (i was fortunate enough to WIN a 2018 Civic 2.0L cvt..had i the choice, it’d be a mt 1.5t but ill take it), ive tinkered around with the presets of the throttle response 1&2, and oh boy. Immediate clear difference.
The CVT no longer produces a feeling of pushing your foot into a sponge with no result. Thoroughly pleased and impressed!
By the way, currently on a Siri Moto phase 2 full suspension kit, aem cai, and of course ktuner v1.2
@gtman
You won a new car? Holy crap.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@gtman
2 things, YOU WON A FRIGGEN CAR???? Thats awesome, second, welcome to the Ktuner family!

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
winning a car isn't exactly cheap. The tax on prizes are HUGE but still cheaper than buying one. It's usually 1/3 of the value of the car.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
winning a car isn't exactly cheap. The tax on prizes are HUGE but still cheaper than buying one. It's usually 1/3 of the value of the car.
I'd say only paying 1/3 of the normal price of a new car is exactly cheap.;)

Last edited:

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You won a new car? Holy crap.
Pretty crazy huh? Happy to be in the Ktuner fam! @dallasjhawk
Interesting enough, i actually paid zero taxes on it. @dc2turbo
PS
Fairly new to the forums, but have been exploring very much. Havent seen much CVT love so would love to hear of any good threads or pointers related

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag

scallywag502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wait til April 2019 when you file your tax. you will have to claim it

https://www.thebalanceeveryday.com/winning-car-affordable-taxes-897042
Oh, yep, didn’t think you meant that. Here in KY, even if you gift a car, the sales tax must be paid everytime you xfer titles. So i was real close to having to drop 1300 on the spot there if it wasnt for my baller status boss haha!
Still, ill take the hit for a free car! Plus, i sold my beater scion xb to cover for all that
Sponsored