vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
In Ktuner end user stage 2, has anybody set their final boost table to 25psi and actually seen it approach 25?
I've set all quick enables to high and left turbo boost target dampening off.

I've only seen 21psi, is stock turbo topped out or what settings am I missing to achieve this inside Ktuner?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I think you have to set the final boost target number a bit higher than the boost you want to achieve.

Just keep in mind 25psi is really pushing it.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't blow up your trans.

OP
OP
vctwhitepearl

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
I think you have to set the final boost target number a bit higher than the boost you want to achieve.

Just keep in mind 25psi is really pushing it.
I know I'm pushing it, and it's fun. Believe me I'm experimenting gingerly so to speak and bring throttle up wide open easy. I haven't had the road space to WOT test it but a few times in MD. It's just too damn fast for the traffic here. Seems like I can be at 100mph in a couple of seconds. I have had it on base end user stage 2 for a while and never saw it top out past 20.5 WOT when the table is set to Ktuner default 22.5. I thought that maybe setting the final column higher might bring it closer to final Ktuner target 22.5. Actually, Ktuner does say their max boost is 21>=20.5
I actually do feel a stronger difference setting final column at 25, however boost guage tops out at 21. What am I missing here?
Just testing things out seeing what others have done with CVT tunes and what the possibilities are with increasing base stage 2 defaults.

Last edited:
OP
OP
vctwhitepearl

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
Don't blow up your trans.
Thanks, just expermenting a little, I'm going easy on it.
How's your trans.? What tune are you running?
Does anyone know what the max psi is yet for a CVT tune?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, just expermenting a little, I'm going easy on it.
How's your trans.? What tune are you running?
Does anyone know what the max psi is yet for a CVT tune?
I know there were some people running like 24psi on Hondata a while back but there also were some blown motors. When I had my Flashpro I did up the boost/torque myself and saw it peak at 23.5psi from time to time. Hondata allows you to touch the torque table though and I haven't seen that ability with Ktuner.

I think if you really want to push it to the limit with your Ktuner, getting it tuned by a pro is the best way to go about it. Just trying to up boost without adjusting other parameters can be a bit dangerous.

OP
OP
vctwhitepearl

vctwhitepearl

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda SI Coupe
Country flag
Agreed. Blown motors....mmm not good. So it sounds like we are at max safe limit with Ktuner stage 2 defaults (22.5). Approachs 21psi but never see it on the guage. Ktuner does say their max boost offered is 21+/- and 20.5 is close and what I get.

There's a new Ktuner version with boost by gear with drop down psi settings per gear might be worth checking. There is 29psi in there believe it or not!

I'm reaching out, don't know what I'm doing and playing with it gingerly. Ktuner only offers so much help and you're on your own.

Are you still running 23.5psi on yours? How's it holding up?

Can I send a log file to a pro tuner and get it that way? I'm trying to keep it simple with stock everything.

I think I'll settled back to defaults.

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
@vctsonicgrey hey so after a year how is your motor and tranny holdin up?
What boost levels you running there? Any blown motor or ripped CVT we should be aware off?
Thanks

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As a fyi. I'm now on the 27won turbo and run up to 29psi on e35 blend. 26psi on pump 93.

Some of the people running high boost on stock turbos for non Si have blown their motors. Too much low end torque bends rods and then boom.

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
As a fyi. I'm now on the 27won turbo and run up to 29psi on e35 blend. 26psi on pump 93.

Some of the people running high boost on stock turbos for non Si have blown their motors. Too much low end torque bends rods and then boom.
Define high boost!
Also you don't have CVT.. I wanted to know whether the OP blew up his tranny yet or not

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Define high boost!
Also you don't have CVT.. I wanted to know whether the OP blew up his tranny yet or not
Uh yes I do. ST's only came in CVT in the US. It was only until recently that they came with option for 6mt.

I also have a friend who blew his on a stock turbo with a few bolt ons due to a bent rod. Too much low end torque shot his rod through his motor. Costing about 8k to replace and install.

highroller

First Name
U Hash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo
Country flag
Uh yes I do. ST's only came in CVT in the US. It was only until recently that they came with option for 6mt.

I also have a friend who blew his on a stock turbo with a few bolt ons due to a bent rod. Too much low end torque shot his rod through his motor. Costing about 8k to replace and install.
How much boost & torque level was he at?

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
[Since when is a couple of seconds 13 or higher lol
Sponsored