Ktuner 2.0na Hondata 1.5t both cars

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I have both cars and I just got my ktuner last week and flashed tonight. Quick 5mi/10 mile drive so just initial thoughts. I’ve had my hondata for over 6 months...

My initial thought is tuned, the 1.5t is the better engine. Power is instant and you feel the tune in a way that leaves no doubt. No doubts.

On the other hand, I think the 2.0na is a very good engine. Power delivery is much more linear. I think it’s more smooth. And it revs more freely.

With both cars tuned, there is a definite difference. You feel like there is more power available when you press the gas. Also, another thing is if you are not staring at the speedometer, and is just driving relatively normally, you get up to speed much faster and you are at 60/70mph before you know it.

Going to update the thread as time passes and I am driving the 2.0na more. But the first reactions, I like the 1.5t. I don’t think I have hit the magic 5600rpm yet on the 2.0na. So I definitely haven’t experienced the peak of the tune. Between 3k to 4k for the 2.0na, that’s where you feel it the most for me so far. I don’t really think I have gone above 5k yet to comment more.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluehatch17

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Have gone a few weeks now on the 2.0, put about 6/800 miles on it...I feel like mid range is definitely noticeable. I have an intake also and I feel like the engine noise is even better with the tune. I honestly haven’t gotten to 5600 yet. I don’t drive all that aggressively. But I can tell that as the rpm almost reaches that peak point, there is a feeling of like more power at your disposal. I really like driving the car more with ktuner.

I still drive my hatchback so having both cars to compare and contrast has been fun. I feel like a tuned 1.5t is the better car. But a tuned 2.0 is also probably like $2/3k cheaper.

If I had the choice of one car, I would want my hatchback. But if I only had the 2.0, I wouldn’t have any problems with it because while it definitely has different dynamics. It’s still a really good car with certain mods.