First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last night, my friend who owns a type R and I, finally got to do some racing. I've got the ktuned 19/23 dual map applied to my SI, and everything else is stock. From a dig, the SI actually did better than the type R, I would have sufficient grip and acceleration to maintain about a car length ahead of him. The type R would spin tires off the dig in first and pretty much all the way through 2.5k rmps in second gear. Once he would get into third though, he would start to pull on me and eventually would overtake. But not by much. We did several races from a dead stop and several from a roll. The rolling starts were slightly more in the type R's favor.

Pretty cool though to see that the SI seems to be in a slightly better position in terms of power vs traction compared to the type R, and also fairly even in terms of roll-on power. For me this makes another notch on the wall under "reasons why I don't regret not being the type R"
Sponsored

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
There were a couple reasons I didn't consider the CTR. Mostly, it was cost. I'm happy with my Si, but I can only imagine what the CTR is going to be like once they start tuning those. Easy 400whp and 400 wtq? They are going to be nuts!

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
From a dig, the SI actually did better than the type R, I would have sufficient grip and acceleration to maintain about a car length ahead of him. The type R would spin tires off the dig in first and pretty much all the way through 2.5k rmps in second gear. Once he would get into third though, he would start to pull on me and eventually would overtake.
Sounds like the guy needs to practice driving a little. Spinning wheel means losing traction, and why you won. Did he have traction off? Anyways, sounds like a fun time :)

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Easy 400whp and 400 wtq? They are going to be nuts!
Sure, but then there'll still be that pesky issue with transforming all that power into forward motion of the vehicle. :) After a certain amount of whp, you're probably going to have to have AWD...

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Sounds like the guy needs to practice driving a little. Spinning wheel means losing traction, and why you won. Did he have traction off? Anyways, sounds like a fun time :)
Agree with you last week I was going home and I did a little race with a type r. I have my si with hondata +6 Psi and yea type r was little bit faster but not by much. I was little surprised with the type r. Now I just installed a aem charge pipe and injen cai and I think the race now would be very close with +9 PSI.
Sponsored