KS Roll Call!

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
I'd definitely see if you could get in with the BMW guys since you may know em!
I've watched em a few times and they look like they're having a blast!
I would definitely be down to mix it up!

I never knew they had open track days up there, that's awesome!
Is RPM what they call I-70 Motorsports Park? I can only final a dirt track in Hays, KS by that name. I know the same guy (Chris Payne I wanna say) who redid all off Heartland Park a few years ago was in charge of that last I heard. Didn't know if it was open yet. I still have my Snell rated helmet so I'm good to go!

Been to a few tracks in KC but I don't remember every going up North........only for those sweet sweet Missouri back roads that are ALL paved!
I'm in the Flint Hills and have awesome roads and are so jealous of your roads!
I wanna know where these twisty roads are. Its too flat out here :(
Sponsored

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
I wanna know where these twisty roads are. Its too flat out here :(
Sorry, I can't remember what all the different areas are called.

My friend used to live up north near the airport, I forget exactly.

I remember heading North & taking the Berry Road Exit into Missouri, from there I took an off ramp 5-10 miles down the road and went North passing over 435.

Believe he lived right North of 435.......I remember taking my Motorcycle up for many visits. Used his place to start from. It's right on the edge of town and all the back roads whether North or East are just amazing. Tight, winding, hilling, & beautifully paved roads. These are all gravel on the Kansas side.
My friend is really big into biking and is one of the reasons he moved up North. He loved the roads as well.
His team used the roads for training.

I use to just get lost for hours!

Hope that gives you some general area!

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe, 2010 Accord Crosstour, 2008 Civic LX Coupe(Totaled), 2005 Acura TL(Sold), 1996 Accord EX Coupe
Country flag
Sorry, I can't remember what all the different areas are called.

My friend used to live up north near the airport, I forget exactly.

I remember heading North & taking the Berry Road Exit into Missouri, from there I took an off ramp 5-10 miles down the road and went North passing over 435.

Believe he lived right North of 435.......I remember taking my Motorcycle up for many visits. Used his place to start from. It's right on the edge of town and all the back roads whether North or East are just amazing. Tight, winding, hilling, & beautifully paved roads. These are all gravel on the Kansas side.
My friend is really big into biking and is one of the reasons he moved up North. He loved the roads as well.
His team used the roads for training.

I use to just get lost for hours!

Hope that gives you some general area!
I know exactly the roads being talked about. I lived up north last year. :thumbsup:

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I'd definitely see if you could get in with the BMW guys since you may know em!
I've watched em a few times and they look like they're having a blast!
I would definitely be down to mix it up!

I never knew they had open track days up there, that's awesome!
Is RPM what they call I-70 Motorsports Park? I can only final a dirt track in Hays, KS by that name. I know the same guy (Chris Payne I wanna say) who redid all off Heartland Park a few years ago was in charge of that last I heard. Didn't know if it was open yet. I still have my Snell rated helmet so I'm good to go!

Been to a few tracks in KC but I don't remember every going up North........only for those sweet sweet Missouri back roads that are ALL paved!
I'm in the Flint Hills and have awesome roads and are so jealous of your roads!
RPM is Raceway Park of the Midlands. It's in Iowa, a couple hours north of KC on I-29.

http://www.racewayparkofthemidlands.com/site/Home

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This Sunday 9/02/18 - Import Face-Off is taking place at Heartland Park. Big event and tons of fun!

Always a big crowd and it's $35 to enter the drag races or do test & tune runs......might as well just race for that cash prize! Probably be competing with a few others, field was only 8 cars last year if I remember. I urge everyone to come out!

Especially the Type R's!

http://heartlandpark.com/img/ifo.jpg

ElementalHonda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This Sunday 9/02/18 - Import Face-Off is taking place at Heartland Park. Big event and tons of fun!

Always a big crowd and it's $35 to enter the drag races or do test & tune runs......might as well just race for that cash prize! Probably be competing with a few others, field was only 8 cars last year if I remember. I urge everyone to come out!

Especially the Type R's!

http://heartlandpark.com/img/ifo.jpg
Interesting....might come out for test and tune.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do it! Gonna be a blast. So many different events taking place too!

Just hope the weather holds out!

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Had an absolute blast today at Import Face Off! I ended up taking 2nd in the bracket racing! Lost to a friend who a damn pro level driver! Still took home some money and had so much fun!

With the staging & heat it was impossible to keep doing the pedal dance so I just ran with traction control still on and didn't even touch the tires!

Just happy my cripple leg still has it and got through the day!

Worked my way through so many cars in the field and so many really good drivers.
Everyone racing was super nice and I had a blast! Family loved it as well.

Revline even made it out with my boy Chong in his Aerial atom & turbo K20!
Been too long man! Seen so many people I haven't seen in a long time!

Met a few of you and saw a few Type R's parked! Shout out to @ParkwayDrive13 running the test and tune (nice guy!) & the only other 10th Gen Civic Bracket Racing.. The green coupe out of KC! Hung with us all day, great guy! Nice to meet the rest of you aswell!

Saw a black 10th gen Civic Si on slicks do a 13.1 in test and tune but didn't see him again! What ya got in their man?

Great great day! Track was tough but so much fun!

Last edited:

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Overland Park here... Kind of new to the area - relocated from Boston 2 years ago. Still have my 2005 TL w/6MT and I just got a '19 Si Sedan in Aegean Blue a few weeks ago!
Welcome! I'm in OP as well, 2018 Aegean Blue sedan. Also see you're an EE, I'm a Controls PE myself. Hope you're enjoying the SI so far!

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome! I'm in OP as well, 2018 Aegean Blue sedan. Also see you're an EE, I'm a Controls PE myself. Hope you're enjoying the SI so far!
I'm loving the new Si! Only have a few mods done so far - tint, and LED low beams/fogs. New weighted shifter on the way as well as some speakers (center, doors, tweeters, slim powered sub). Might get the Ktuner w/ TSP stage 1 tune after I put a few thousand miles on it. Really enjoying the stock drivetrain for now anyways :D

Let me know if you didn't upgrade your center speaker yet becuase I just bought the JL C2-350x speakers, baffles and metra harness and they all come in pairs.

I'd love to check out your Si if you've done any work to it!

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I'm loving the new Si! Only have a few mods done so far - tint, and LED low beams/fogs. New weighted shifter on the way as well as some speakers (center, doors, tweeters, slim powered sub). Might get the Ktuner w/ TSP stage 1 tune after I put a few thousand miles on it. Really enjoying the stock drivetrain for now anyways :D

Let me know if you didn't upgrade your center speaker yet becuase I just bought the JL C2-350x speakers, baffles and metra harness and they all come in pairs.

I'd love to check out your Si if you've done any work to it!
So far my mods are pretty similar to yours. Yellow fogs, weighted shift knob, tinted windows. I've been a little gun shy on mods after over-doing my last DD.

Next mod on my list is a rear motor mount, then strut tower bars. For now my plan is to keep it close to "stock" but to crisp up nearly every pivot point and method of driver feedback and power delivery. Poly bushings, aftermarket shifter (probably custom because they are all so damn short), heel/toe pedal modifications, etc. I do want an exhaust but that's lower on the priority list.

Audio wasn't on my plan but I may have to look into that, thanks! I'd love to check out your car as well, maybe go grab a beer or something too.

Edit; also I've installed a roof rack and going to order some gloss black vinyl to wrap the roof in the next few weeks.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So far my mods are pretty similar to yours. Yellow fogs, weighted shift knob, tinted windows. I've been a little gun shy on mods after over-doing my last DD.

Next mod on my list is a rear motor mount, then strut tower bars. For now my plan is to keep it close to "stock" but to crisp up nearly every pivot point and method of driver feedback and power delivery. Poly bushings, aftermarket shifter (probably custom because they are all so damn short), heel/toe pedal modifications, etc. I do want an exhaust but that's lower on the priority list.

Audio wasn't on my plan but I may have to look into that, thanks! I'd love to check out your car as well, maybe go grab a beer or something too.

Edit; also I've installed a roof rack and going to order some gloss black vinyl to wrap the roof in the next few weeks.
I see. To be honest, I feel like the stock suspension is very well tuned from the factory. I'm trying to stay away from suspension mods to this car after experiences In my previous car. When you change something in one place, you'll feel it somewhere else! I had installed a torque dampner for the MT and a stiffer rear sway bar. It was great until my motor mounts were shot! And then stiffer motor mounts lead to cabin vibration...

I'm all for the shifter mods, though! The Acuity stuff seems real high quality and you can customize the throw, gate width and height with their shifter!

I'll let you know how the center speaker turns out. A lot of members on this forum have the exact same speaker since its a drop-in replacement and rated pretty high on crutchfield.

lid6662

First Name
matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Country flag
Man this Kansas weather is sooooo hot. From Kansas City here. By the time I got to drying my car I was sweating so bad trying my best not to get any on the car !!! hahha

Aevans

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Hey Everyone, I'm fairly new to these forums. Located in Lenexa/Overland Park and currently have a Orchid Pearl 18 Civic si Coupe.
Sponsored