KS Roll Call!

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Kansas City chiming in here!

Bought my 2018 SI just over a month ago. Been a great DD, I keep trying to repress the mod bug but I keep having the itch to tinker with it.
Sponsored

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Yo to the Silver debadged EX-T last night around 5:20pm! That was a fun blast through town, I was shocked how hard you were pulling!
I was on 19.5 PSI map and I could barely gain on you with my A/C on, really impressed! Watcha got in that thing?!

Also seeing Si's everywhere here in the Little Apple!

Rycomm

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic HB Sport 6MT Aegean Blue, among others...
Country flag
Greetings from Shawnee. I recently acquired a 2018 Aegean blue hatchback sport. I have a work mini van that I drive during the week, so the Civic is a nice change of pace. I use it to go my " real job ",and back and forth across town. I find myself in Lee's Summit / Blue Springs area quite a bit. It's nice to have a car that gets 40 mpg on the highway. My previous car for this duty was a 00 Subaru Outback. I bought it 10 years ago, and put 120k on it. My daughter has it now with 240k. I really like that car, but the Civic HB is a much more fun car to drive. I gave up a little interior space for better driving and much better fuel economy. I hope to see some of you around town.
Ryan

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
What's up KS? I'm flying to Wichita again Monday. I'll keep an eye out for 10th gens when in the area!

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you are still in town Friday there are gonna be some nice turnout at Heartland Park's Friday Night Test & Tune 1/4 mile.....it's about 2-3 hours from you, depending on the route.

They are bracket racing on Saturday so I'll be out helping a friend trying to pull into the 10's.....we are testing & tuning the car for Saturday.
A ton of other racers are going to be doing the same and it's very competitive with some vert fast cars!

I'll be helping out in the Pit and running my car as well. Look for me round the Yellow 79 Malibu!

@ParkwayDrive13 was at the last Test & Tune and I believe said a few 10th gen Civic's were there.

Hope to have a good turn out! I'm excited, my first one in 6+ years!

ParkwayDrive13

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen Ralley Red SI
Country flag
Yes sir! There is usually a very good turn out at some of the events out there. Especially at the test & tunes! Be sure to go for the next on on August 24th! :)

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes sir! There is usually a very good turn out at some of the events out there. Especially at the test & tunes! Be sure to go for the next on on August 24th! :)
Yeah, I goofed reading the schedule and my friend made it sound like it was the actually Test and Tune events.
It's just testing & tuning for the bracket guys since they have big races Saturday I believe.....darn!

I'll be at the one the 24th.......Midwest Raceways 1/8 mile here in Manhattan will be running next Saturday if anybody wants to make the trip!
One of the funniest tracks I've ever been too, feels like street racing and always a good crowd! Voted one of the best 1/8 mile around with biggest pay outs.
I think a few weeks ago a guy won the sport/street class with a low 14 second car! lol

We could totally dominate! I'm going for that damn trophy and payout!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Crap I have to fly out at noon. Unless there’s something going on one of the evenings...I’ll be left out.

jjnguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello hello.

Just picked up a Crystal Black Hatchback Sport 6MT, currently in the Olathe area. Just got rid of my 2005 Nighthawk Black Pearl Acura TSX; was also a 6MT and was about at 250k miles and the car right before that was an Arctic Blue Pearl RSX-S 6MT. So really enjoy the Honda family 6MTs haha.

There seems to be a good amount of CTRs around a 2.5 hour radius on the forum. Admittedly pretty jealous, but so far really enjoy my Sport. Just thought I'd introduce myself.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hello hello.

Just picked up a Crystal Black Hatchback Sport 6MT, currently in the Olathe area. Just got rid of my 2005 Nighthawk Black Pearl Acura TSX; was also a 6MT and was about at 250k miles and the car right before that was an Arctic Blue Pearl RSX-S 6MT. So really enjoy the Honda family 6MTs haha.

There seems to be a good amount of CTRs around a 2.5 hour radius on the forum. Admittedly pretty jealous, but so far really enjoy my Sport. Just thought I'd introduce myself.
Awesome cars. Throw just a few mods at it and it gets very very quick!

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know no one will come down but just putting it out there.........

Looks like it's gonna be a big race night at Midwest Raceway here in Manhattan this Saturday night - 8/11/2018

Tons of extremely fast cars & everything in between. Seriously one of the best tracks around, prefer it over Heartland Park actually.
I'll actually be competing in the Trophy Class($25 entry/Win the Pot) so if you would like to run in that class as well you'll need a SNELL rated helmet.

There is also Time Trials for $20.00 and you get to run a bunch & no helmet needed(Unless you're really fast.)

Kids are free under 11 years of age, $3.00 for 11-17 ages, and it's $8.00 for Adults to spectate.

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Does anyone run open track days, such as Fast Fridays up at RPM? I'm not a drag fan but I love road courses, looking forward to seeing what the SI can do on the track.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Heartland Park does a lot. I've raced motorcycles there for years now, much easier to get out on a bike though.
I haven't had a car out there for over a decade, it seems a bit tougher to get out.

Cars you need to be in SCCA or some other organization.....they also have those night races to get people interested. Less restrictive I believe.

You'll have to check out what they have, I have links posted above.

The KC BMW & Porsche groups rent out the track A LOT but there just isn't the community for us to rent the road course. I wonder if they're pretty good people and wouldn't mind mixing it up with a Civic?

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
I've still got some connections in the BMW scene since I just got rid of an e46 ZHP and an e30. I could see if they'd mind having a Honda tag along for one of their events.

RPM up north is nice since most Fridays are an open track day, just show up with a helmet, pay the fee, and you are out running all you want.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've still got some connections in the BMW scene since I just got rid of an e46 ZHP and an e30. I could see if they'd mind having a Honda tag along for one of their events.

RPM up north is nice since most Fridays are an open track day, just show up with a helmet, pay the fee, and you are out running all you want.
I'd definitely see if you could get in with the BMW guys since you may know em!
I've watched em a few times and they look like they're having a blast!
I would definitely be down to mix it up!

I never knew they had open track days up there, that's awesome!
Is RPM what they call I-70 Motorsports Park? I can only final a dirt track in Hays, KS by that name. I know the same guy (Chris Payne I wanna say) who redid all off Heartland Park a few years ago was in charge of that last I heard. Didn't know if it was open yet. I still have my Snell rated helmet so I'm good to go!

Been to a few tracks in KC but I don't remember every going up North........only for those sweet sweet Missouri back roads that are ALL paved!
I'm in the Flint Hills and have awesome roads and are so jealous of your roads!
Sponsored

Last edited: