TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I decided to create a thread for these because I haven't been able to find any images of this size on a CTR. I originally went in to Discount Tire to order some Ampliforms in this same size. The Ampliforms were back ordered until late January. A rep at Konig suggested the Freeforms and I decided to give them a shot. I didn't know what to expect because in most of the pictures out there they look very gold, but in person they look much darker and richer. I was able to get the Black friday rebates early and used the lugs from my summer wheels. Price came out $1415 out the door with Continental DWS 245x40x18s. Super happy with these.

Honda Civic 10th gen Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET32 DSCF7941.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET32 DSCF7947.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET32 DSCF7959.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET32 DSCF7977.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Konig Freeform 18x8.5 ET32 DSCF8071.JPG

Last edited:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Damn, when I tried to order them back in September, they were backordered until late October, early November. My tires wouldn't have made it that long, so I pulled the trigger on TC105Xs. Better wheels, but at double the price.... I still want to pick up a set of the ampliforms for winter or all seasons, so I can put sticky summer tires on the Wedssports

OP
OP

TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m actually glad it worked out the way it did. The Freeforms were the first wheels that caught my eye when I bought the car. I just dismissed them because I didn’t think they would fit. I even called Konig last spring and the guy told me they wouldn’t. I was worried about the whole offset thing and went with the motegi 924s for my summer tires. I just got these a few days ago but so far I can’t feel much if any difference from the et53 Motegi. I haven’t pushed the car super hard yet though.

Coldpizza

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Do these clear the calipers without a spacer?

Cookracr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R #17956
Country flag
Thanks for posting this. I ordered these from Fitment and they said Konig said they don't fit. I sent them here to prove them wrong.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I decided to create a thread for these because I haven't been able to find any images of this size on a CTR. I originally went in to Discount Tire to order some Ampliforms in this same size. The Ampliforms were back ordered until late January. A rep at Konig suggested the Freeforms and I decided to give them a shot. I didn't know what to expect because in most of the pictures out there they look very gold, but in person they look much darker and richer. I was able to get the Black friday rebates early and used the lugs from my summer wheels. Price came out $1415 out the door with Continental DWS 245x40x18s. Super happy with these.

DSCF7941.JPG

DSCF7947.JPG

DSCF7959.JPG

DSCF7977.JPG

DSCF8071.JPG
Really nice choice! Those look amazing and what you get for the money is stout!!

OP
OP

TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks guys, they have worked out well. I was concerned about the big change in offset and going to all season tires might make the car too soft, but the changes aren’t nearly as drastic as I thought they might be. Pretty impressed with the DWS as well. All season tires have sure come a long way in the last few years.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Thanks guys, they have worked out well. I was concerned about the big change in offset and going to all season tires might make the car too soft, but the changes aren’t nearly as drastic as I thought they might be. Pretty impressed with the DWS as well. All season tires have sure come a long way in the last few years.
Do you notice a real difference in the handling with the change?

OP
OP

TylerTypeR

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Do you notice a real difference in the handling with the change?
It definitely feels a bit different but it’s hard to tell why. There are just so many variables. I put about 2500 miles on the car with the stock wheels and tires, I didn’t like the ride on the terrible roads here in Michigan. I replaced them with Motegi 924s with with Michelin PS4s 255x35x19. Big improvements in ride quality and straight line traction, but the steering felt the same.

After switching to the Freeforms the steering has lightened up noticeably and the ride has improved further. The new wheels and tires are about 10 pounds lighter per corner so the lighter steering could be due to that, the increased offset, or the less sticky tires. I’m sure someone on this forum can answer that much better than I can. Traction has obviously taken a big hit due the narrower and all season tires. I can feel the tires roll over on the sidewalls a bit in the sharpest turns when driving aggressively, but it is minor. What I don’t really feel is any more torque steer and I was expecting that I would. Still a blast to drive and now I feel like I have the best of both worlds. A forgiving ride in the winter on the Konigs and a much better ride than stock and that glued to road feeling in the warmer months on the Motegi. I also think the car looks best on 19s. Honestly annoyed that I have 3 sets of wheels and tires for 1 car. I will never put the stocks back on, just saving them for when I sell it some day. They just aren’t worth enough with so many on the market right now.

Last edited:

Dalton_Fk8

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just ordered this setup after seeing this thread. I have one question, what Lug nuts do you have? I want a decent set
Sponsored