arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
In the same boat here. Swift says the springs were designed for the stock Si dampers but with 50%+ stiffer rates who knows how long they will last. Might be better to just get it right the first time.
Always nice to get it right the first time!

I had Tein Street Advance Z coils in my 3rd gen Acura TL 6mt and it rode like a dream. Had the dampers set to Tein's recommendations. Height was about 1" lower than stock.

Note that the Flex Z coils for the 10th gen Si has spring rates much higher than stock. 336 lbs/in (6kg/mm) all around.
Sponsored

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Always nice to get it right the first time!

I had Tein Street Advance Z coils in my 3rd gen Acura TL 6mt and it rode like a dream. Had the dampers set to Tein's recommendations. Height was about 1" lower than stock.

Note that the Flex Z coils for the 10th gen Si has spring rates much higher than stock. 336 lbs/in (6kg/mm) all around.
Ideally I would want to pair the Swift springs with Koni Yellows as for a daily driver I feel the 6k linear rates are on the border of being a little too stiff.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ideally I would want to pair the Swift springs with Koni Yellows as for a daily driver I feel the 6k linear rates are on the border of being a little too stiff.

Koni Yellows are pretty good. Had them on an old car. You'll have to get the ADS cancellers separately for the Si though.

I just looked up the spring rates of the Tein SA Z kit I had in my 05 TL. 12k front and 6k rear LOL. It drove amazing, though. Like better than stock, I couldn't believe it.

Of course, every car is different. That TL was almost 600lbs heavier than this gen Si. And I bought new OEM top mounts, since the SA Z didn't come with the pillowball uppers.

Tein makes some high-quality stuff for Acura/Honda. This Flex Z kit for the Si is still relatively new, so I'm looking forward to reading reviews once people get them installed!

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
My dream on this Si is to have Koni Yellows and pair that with Eibach Sportlines (the new ones being made specifically for the Si coupe...whenever the hell that may be LOL)

Last edited:

N0TYPR

First Name
Abban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Country flag
My dream on this Si is to have Koni Yellows andpair that with Eibach Sportlines (the new ones being made specifically for the Si coupe...whenever the hell that may be LOL)
That’s what I want to do but with swift springs

RiGalFK7

First Name
Rigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback EX-L 2018
Country flag
Any news?

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
Thinking about how much a set of Koni yellows would cost for all 4 corners, plus springs and ADS canceller, you're probably looking at over $1200 all in. The Tein Flex Z with ADS canceller included is right at that area as well. Something to think about depending on your goals.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I contacted Koni again and now they said they focused their products for the US and Asian market cause the demand is higher .So they won't Bring out anything in the european market.
Even though they told me 2 years ago they would release their products in 6months.
Go figure...

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
So, time to give up on these forever or what?

OP
OP
cocoroos

cocoroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport
Country flag
Yeah I’ve gone through 3 suspension setups since posting this LOL don’t think this is happening

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
The thing that sucks is I’d be interested in these for stock class autocross, but there aren’t really any stock dimension alternatives, at least for the fronts anyhow.
There’s also a mythical bilstein sport option out there but haven’t seen evidence that it actually exists, just numbers in catalogs.

hatchboost

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk7 6 speed
Country flag
Yeah I’ve gone through 3 suspension setups since posting this LOL don’t think this is happening
Lmao didn’t think I was reading an old thread from 2018 bahahahaha trolled myself ... sad for no konis...

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing that sucks is I’d be interested in these for stock class autocross, but there aren’t really any stock dimension alternatives, at least for the fronts anyhow.
There’s also a mythical bilstein sport option out there but haven’t seen evidence that it actually exists, just numbers in catalogs.
Tein has them for some years .
Endura pro or the endura pro Plus with adjustable damping.
Sponsored