knock noise in sterring column after full turn and then back to straight ?

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
2016 Touring , when doing a hard turn either way and then bringing wheel straight, I can feel and slightly hear a knock sound in the wheel. Mostly noticed when driving around a parking lot. Honda will be looking at this again for the 3rd time next week... any ideas ? they checked all my suspension components last time and all checked out.. seems to be in the steering column / steering wheel, or rack??

and yes I spelled steering wrong in title, cant fix it..lol
Sponsored

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
Not sure how the honda is, but my cobalt had an issue like that. It was a bad intermediate shaft. It has a couple u-joints and connects the column to the rack.

DarthMaul40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Comfort HB, 1.0 Turbo, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the problem you're experiencing is the same as on this video: you may need to lubricate the drive shaft sleeves with some silicone based lubricant.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
no, its inside the car, like the steering column is knocking after turning hard and bringing it back straight. Feel it more than hear it.. at dealership today looking at it amongst a few other issues

DarthMaul40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Comfort HB, 1.0 Turbo, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can give it a try... A friend of mine did it and the noise/knocking feeling disappeared on his car. He wanted to reply himself, but for some reason his account creation on this forum was not approved.
Sponsored