First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wanting to drive through this mountain road and may just do it sometime when its not busy with other vehicles (maybe late night). Has anyone driven through this before? Thinking of doing a touge run/time attack through this 5 mile mountain pass.

Honda Civic 10th gen Kings Mountain Road KIngs Mountain Road.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:spaz:Oh man, that is HEAVEN! how many cars? at what speed? any video? I'm trying to load my video of my run last night of Kings Mountain but it seems i have to load it to YouTube first.

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
man thats a really short run.. look what we do almost every other week.

upload_2018-12-11_2-17-57.png
That last segment confuses me. It shows you going on Lower Monroe Rd, which is a hiking trail. Ya'll doing some insane narrow offroading or something? lol. I'm guessing you meant to highlight the rest of Glendora Mountain Rd.

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kings Mountain Road night drive

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
man you crazy.. i dont do night drives.. too much shit that can go wrong.
:D It's so exciting driving a course like this at night. No traffic, its quiet... But I do have to admit. I felt like I was lost in the woods and started to imagine spooky thoughts :doh:

There's another course right down the street from where this is at. I'm going to drive there sometime soon and record it.

imcrspy

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
man you crazy.. i dont do night drives.. too much shit that can go wrong.
Night run pro's: 99% unlikely to hit a bicyclist. Less chance of getting stuck behind commuters. Drivers in opposite lane are easy to spot. Develop driving instinct/intuition.
Night run con's: Less visibility. Depending on the road, cop's know exactly why you're up there. Wildlife. Tires may not get up to temp. If you're there alone and you're incapacitated due to an accident, emergency services may not be contacted in a timely fashion.

Day run pro's: Lots of visibility. In case of accident, chances are another person will pass by frequently enough to assist.
Day run con's: Usually lots of commuters and bicyclists. Usually rangers or chp on patrol.

I've always preferred to go up at night. It's usually super tranquil and easy to get into a rhythm, especially if you know the road. Ultimately respect the road and don't go up with an ego or anything less than a clear mind. If you need to blow off steam, do something else. I've been running socal canyons for about 15 years now and a lot has changed since I first started but for me a night time run is something peaceful and soothing. I admit i've let myself lose control on occasion and it's led to me doing something stupid, but at the end of the day there's nothing better than a good drive.

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
La Honda Road. Down hill stage!!!:headbang:

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel much safer with visibility in mind.. night runs are too dangerous and that's wht most people crash at night.. that's why car to car collisions occur more at night. The more visibility you cut out the less time you have to react. Even seeing a set of headlights coming your way during a fast turn.. one party will miss judge and end up in an accident.. I've been blinded before on a turn and all you see isntwo headlights and no roads.. alot of people go at night and they drive crazy.. I don't want to be part of that statistic. Never had an issue with day run as gmr is empty most of the time.. no one really goes up there as it goes nowhere.
Sounds like this GMR is very popluar with night runs. I dont think i'll be comfortable with it. My videos are for entertainment only and I am not racer. But it sure is a stress reliever!

SI-Raw

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
I love King's Mountain Road! Gotta be the best Goat Trail type road in the Peninsula.

So tight, and technical, 15mph Hairpins! Who ever says this road is "too short" hasn't tried it.

A few 20min runs up and down this road will give your arms as much of a workout as a 1hr long drive threw some of those other "smooth, scenic" drives you guys call "twisties"

This is back in the day in my old Integra GSR.

OP
OP
LMFK7

LMFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love King's Mountain Road! Gotta be the best Goat Trail type road in the Peninsula.

So tight, and technical, 15mph Hairpins! Who ever says this road is "too short" hasn't tried it.

A few 20min runs up and down this road will give your arms as much of a workout as a 1hr long drive threw some of those other "smooth, scenic" drives you guys call "twisties"

This is back in the day in my old Integra GSR.

Wait... Thats you! Dude, your video inspired me to do my video! Glad to meet you!

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I need to get down to King's Mountain. I grew up near there but haven't been back much since. It is an incredible road.
Sponsored