Keyless Entry Beep - no longer beeps

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Randomly my car no longer beeps when I lock or unlock the car either by using the fob or the proximity feature.

The setting is set to on... strange, maybe I am going deaf, my wife says I have selective hearing
Sponsored

FC3L15B7

I'm a machine.
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic 2 Door Coupe Si / 1993 Chrysler Intrepid 3.5L
Country flag
Randomly my car no longer beeps when I lock or unlock the car either by using the fob or the proximity feature.

The setting is set to on... strange, maybe I am going deaf, my wife says I have selective hearing
I haven't heard anything about that happening before, but have you tried turning off the feature and back on again? It may just be a software bug.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you unlock with the remote, you'll never get a beep. If you lock with the remote, you'll only get a beep if press the lock button twice.

You should always get a beep if you unlock with the proximity and lock with the round door button.

OP
OP
sesty

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The car decided after 3 days to just fix itself.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
My walk-away auto lock feature does not function properly all the time. It is not a bug-free system.

Sometimes when I get out if the car and walk away with the key and all doors are closed, it will beep rapidly like have walked away with a door or open or hood cracked and not lock. This rapid beep also occurs when you walk out of the car with the key fob and the car is still running.

Happens maybe 5-10% of the time.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
My walk-away auto lock feature does not function properly all the time. It is not a bug-free system.

Sometimes when I get out if the car and walk away with the key and all doors are closed, it will beep rapidly like have walked away with a door or open or hood cracked and not lock. This rapid beep also occurs when you walk out of the car with the key fob and the car is still running.

Yup, exact same thing happens to mine and my girls Honda every so often.
We both have walk-away locking and like you said....about 5-10% of the time, it doesnt work and does the rapid beeps. :dunno:

EconoBox

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

If you manage to step more than 5 feet away from the car before the doors are actually closed all the way the system does the 3 beeps and doesn't lock. Basically the system reads your key once the doors are shut and then automatically locks as soon as you go out of range or if you stay in range for more than 30 seconds with the doors shut it will lock. If it doesn't read the key in range with the doors shut it won't function.

Ie: Your neighbor walks over to talk to you right when you park so you walk away while gently closing your door. You make it past 5 feet before the system detects all the doors shut... it will beep 3 times.

Never verified the complaint myself but I've heard people having issues withe tons of keys on their keychains or keeping their keys in the same pocket as a cellphone having the same type of issues.

Honda Civic 10th gen Keyless Entry Beep - no longer beeps AUTOLOCK.PNG

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
If you manage to step more than 5 feet away from the car before the doors are actually closed all the way the system does the 3 beeps and doesn't lock. Basically the system reads your key once the doors are shut and then automatically locks as soon as you go out of range or if you stay in range for more than 30 seconds with the doors shut it will lock. If it doesn't read the key in range with the doors shut it won't function.

Ie: Your neighbor walks over to talk to you right when you park so you walk away while gently closing your door. You make it past 5 feet before the system detects all the doors shut... it will beep 3 times.

Never verified the complaint myself but I've heard people having issues withe tons of keys on their keychains or keeping their keys in the same pocket as a cellphone having the same type of issues.

AUTOLOCK.PNG
Interesting. That may very well be the issue. with the coupe door being so big, im already standing 3-4 ft away from the car as im closing the door.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I suddenly got this problem a few days ago !!
Walk away door locking stopped working, and no beeps when the doors were locked/unlocked with the remote.

CRAZY -- till I found a clue on the Internet .. Thanks GOOGLE

The security system will not auto-lock unless ALL the doors, trunk & "HOOD" are fully & securely closed.

A few days ago, I had checked the oil, and while the Hood was down & latched, it was not fully seated, and therefore the OPEN HOOD detector was telling the car that the hood was open. ( No obvious "OPEN" warning for the Hood on the Instrument panel !!)

Pushing it firmly shut so the release fully locked, instantly fixed the issue. :doh:

Have to wonder how much the Dealer would have charged to "FIX" that one. :dance:

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I still have an issue with my phone overlapping my keyfob sometimes causing the keyless system to fail. Keys near the fob can cause failure, as well. I've also experienced walking away too quickly when I'm in a hurry.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I still have an issue with my phone overlapping my keyfob sometimes causing the keyless system to fail. Keys near the fob can cause failure, as well. I've also experienced walking away too quickly when I'm in a hurry.
Yes, walking away too quickly cab sometimes cause my car system to alarm and not lock :(
But at least you hear that and can go back and make sure the car is locked (ie re-lock it manually)

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
I've been testing this extensively since seeing this thread. Now every time, I close the door, wait a sec or two for that first beep, then walk away.

I don't rush away like I used to, like sometimes I'd already be walking and closing the door all in one fluid ninja motion.

2 seconds wont kill me, so now I just wait a moment. Since modifying this behavior in myself, the walk-away function has been flawless 100% of the time. No more rapid beeping :thumbsup:

OP
OP
sesty

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
My car decided to stop beeping again... very weird.

This is not a function of me walking away to fast, the car locks and flashes the lights. It just doesnt beep anymore even though the beep is set on the vehicle settings.

It also doesnt beep when locking with the lock button on the fob.

EconoBox

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have Honda Hack or anything modified on your head unit? I've heard of it causing funky issues like that.

If not, I've seen some funky intermittent issues with the body control module that cause things like that. If a dealer can duplicate it they may be able to cover it under warranty (If you are still within the 3/36)
Sponsored