OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Just got the Katana for the low beam and Hikari for high beam because they were cheap and I don't need to use high beams at all. Will install soon.

Question for the thread here: did your packages arrive without tape and plastic covers and stuff? When I opened the boxes on both these items, I was surprised to see that the bulbs are just sitting open in a styrofoam thing. There's no plastic covers on top of them. There wasn't even any tape sealing the edges of the box closed either. Wondering if I got something opened or used. Got both items from Amazon
I can't remember if my box was taped shut but i know the bulbs weren't in any sort of plastic wrapping, just sitting in styrofoam like yours were. I did katana high beams but i'm like you I only use them maybe 5 times a year so pretty much any LED was going to work for my needs.
Sponsored

19civicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Just installed Katanas for the LB and Techmax for the fog and HB. I tried to take pictures but they didn’t do the lights justice. The boxes weren’t taped when I received them from amazon either but were def brand new.

Great quality on all the lights and no adjustments were needed. Drastically improved the look of the car as well as making it possible to see 100% better at night.

Maximania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord V6 Coupe SMR, 2018 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
What kind of adjustments would be made with these bulbs? They only fit one way once you twist the bulb into the housing right?

19civicSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
What kind of adjustments would be made with these bulbs? They only fit one way once you twist the bulb into the housing right?
I was referring to one being higher/lower than the other as well as if the led is not vertical it can be adjusted by a small Alan wrench that is included.

ronnieburns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic 1ltr SR
Country flag
I ended up going for a less expensive fanless Hikari option instead for the Low Beams: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKPR452/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I also changed my mind on the color for the fogs and went with Alla lighting: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G5VLVNM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really like them and have had no problem with being too bright for other drivers + the cutoff line is sharp and well defined and they match the DRL’s. I like that neither set has fans so it’s not as noisy and will probably get the more expensive / brighter Hikari’s for my high beams: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077BT6M6...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Apologies for the crappy pic, I just went out and snapped it with my iPad and it apparently was from the wrong angle because it makes the fogs outshine the headlights - in reality those headlights are really bright and do a good job of lighting up the road without the fogs.

Whether you go for the Katana’s or the Hikari’s I am sure you will be pleased with the results either way, those Katana’s looked amazing but I didn’t want the fans.

26A8A726-B87F-4DD6-B488-3AF17387BC82.jpeg

Before anyone asks, no, there is no yellow tint film on the fogs; that is all bulb color
Hi, those ones don't seem to be fanless. Are you sure that's the right link? And do they interfere with the radio?

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Maximania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord V6 Coupe SMR, 2018 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Just got the Katana for the low beam and Hikari for high beam because they were cheap and I don't need to use high beams at all. Will install soon.

Question for the thread here: did your packages arrive without tape and plastic covers and stuff? When I opened the boxes on both these items, I was surprised to see that the bulbs are just sitting open in a styrofoam thing. There's no plastic covers on top of them. There wasn't even any tape sealing the edges of the box closed either. Wondering if I got something opened or used. Got both items from Amazon
Follow up to my post. Installed the Katana H11 for the low beams. Other than being a pain in the ass on the driver's side because of space, no issues. Light is amazing. So bright, so crisp and clear. I'm kinda worried it may be too bright but I'm so glad I got these. They're great.

On the other hand, I got the entry level Hikari 9005 bulbs for high beams. They didn't work out the box. I contacted them and at first, they told me to cut the side the plug, whatever that means. Then another person told me I had to buy extra resistors and sent me a 99% off coupon just to get them to work (weird right?) .I'm not sure if I want to just return them or get the resistors. It's an annoying step because it should just be plug and play from the start. I can't say I recommend these but that's my 2¢.

The bulbs in question: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GKC818Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

ksat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan - Modern Steel
Country flag

YES!!! I just ordered and received a set of Hikari 12000lm lights for my son's 2016. Ordered from Amazon and delivered by USPS - they were untaped, unwrapped! I was surprised when I received them that the top of the box slid right off to expose the lights. Crazy!

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5L Turbo, Sedan
Country flag

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey all,

I finally installed the Katana LEDs :)

Hi: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T8YGVWC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Lo: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078W5WJZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Fog: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T8Z61J9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are the comparison pics. As expected, it is night and day difference. You can barely hear the LED fans with the engine off and cannot hear them with it on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review Comparison-Lo
View attachment 191972
Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review Comparison-Hi

Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review Comparison-Lo_Fo

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you noticed if the fogs glare at all? The only Katana's not in my car currently are the fogs because I was worried they'd cause glare since they're reflectors. High beams i didn't care because they're not on around other cars. If not i might have to just go that route, as going OEM LED fogs which i debated is hella expensive

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you noticed if the fogs glare at all? The only Katana's not in my car currently are the fogs because I was worried they'd cause glare since they're reflectors. High beams i didn't care because they're not on around other cars. If not i might have to just go that route, as going OEM LED fogs which i debated is hella expensive
Not sure what you mean by glare. Sounds like maybe you are wondering if they are too bright for oncoming traffic? I haven't had cause to drive at night yet, but that will change come Monday January 6, 2020. As an aside, do you have the specs on the OEM LED fogs? The lumens might help in a comparison.

Oh and I heard you guys got hit with ~14" of snow last week. ouch!

zenren

First Name
Brenden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Im having a lot of trouble with the fans getting loud on mine. First pair I had sounded like one was eating the bearings right out of it, replaced it and theyre tolerable, but way louder than day 1. I hope Im not seeing a trend because I wont replace them with katanas
Sponsored