Katana LED H11 Headlight Review

anthonylifts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe LXP
Country flag
My first thought was light refraction so I looked at pics posted in this thread. I found one that showed the Katana low leds against a garage door but it doesn't appear to have a second line. Could you post a pic? The pic I am referring to was posted by "haydness" who owns a 2017. Also, do you have any mods to your front?
No mods

Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review E0F4608A-303F-4263-9C4B-21C35B8E8BAE

Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review D893289B-0125-4B4D-99E1-AF92F36C25E7

OP
OP
arsh88

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Sorry no, the headlight tabs were too small to lock into the housing. So too loose.
I'd double check the alignment otherwise maybe you got sent the wrong size. Mine were a tight fit for the lowbeams and only 1 orientation let them actually fit in place.

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5L Turbo, Sedan
Country flag
Anthonylifts, I compared your pics to ones from Haydness. Below is is a labeled comparison of both. The orange box outlines what I think you are referring to. If so, then it appears to be repeatable.

Honda Civic 10th gen Katana LED H11 Headlight Review KatanaLowLEDComparison

Garyd85gt

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Don’t forget to make sure the Katanas are installed properly, with the LEDs facing left and right (3 and 9) NOT up and down

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Tknutson11

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport
Country flag
I just tried to install them on my 18 sport hatch and they seamed to small? Has anyone else had this or am I doing something wrong?
Oh boy do I feel dumb. I went down to give it another look at realized I was trying to put them in the high beam spots. Just finished actually installing them in the right place and they work perfectly.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After reading through this thread and the HID vs LED thread I was really on the fence about which way to go to replace the halogens on my Si Coupe; I like the output and focus of the HID's but I didn't like the extra wiring and hardware needed to install them correctly.

Si@Vegas was kind enough to meet up with me for a few minutes last night so I could check out his car (great looking ride!) and he demonstrated each bulb (low, high and fog) and explained why he chose what he chose (this guy is awesome!).

After grilling him for info and seeing the output and color of his lights I have now added the exact same setup he has to my amazon shopping cart; bonus - I can replace all of my lights for less than the HID low beams.
Low Beam:
KATANA H11 H8 H9 LED Headlight Bulbs,CREE Chips 12000Lm 5090Lux 6500K Extremely Bright Conversion Kit,360 Degree Adjustable Beam Angle

High Beam:
TECHMAX Mini 9005 LED Headlight Bulbs,60W 10000Lm 4700Lux 6500K Cool White Extremely Bright 30mm Heatsink Base CREE Chips HB3 Conversion Kit(of 2)

FOG:
TECHMAX Mini H11 LED Headlight Bulbs,60W 10000Lm 4700Lux 6500K Cool White Extremely Bright 30mm Heatsink Base CREE Chips H8 H9 Conversion Kit(of 2)

Lastly, I know there are going to be some comments about how HIDs are better etc and I will just say this now to those that are going to say it; yep, you are right, I agree 100%. That being said, my eyes are still good enough to see just fine with these and they fit my budget and it's for MY car (not something everyone else is using), so if you don't like it then don't look at my car and focus on YOUR fancy headlights instead. ;)
how is the light out put? i drive nights so im wanting something better for my headlights and how is the install and have you had any issues since you got these lights?

thanks in advance if you can help me out

BiiruBeefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
how is the light out put? i drive nights so im wanting something better for my headlights and how is the install and have you had any issues since you got these lights?

thanks in advance if you can help me out
You might want to read back through the thread. I think B0nez changed his configuration.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You might want to read back through the thread. I think B0nez changed his configuration.
i have the katana low beam right now and i like them a lot for my night driving havent done anything with the hi beam yet

Maximania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord V6 Coupe SMR, 2018 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag
Just got the Katana for the low beam and Hikari for high beam because they were cheap and I don't need to use high beams at all. Will install soon.

Question for the thread here: did your packages arrive without tape and plastic covers and stuff? When I opened the boxes on both these items, I was surprised to see that the bulbs are just sitting open in a styrofoam thing. There's no plastic covers on top of them. There wasn't even any tape sealing the edges of the box closed either. Wondering if I got something opened or used. Got both items from Amazon
Sponsored