boscotheduck

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Want to bump this. How noisey is your Karcepts bar? Mine rattled and clunks quite a bit a lower speeds. I’ve gone through the recommendations that are in the instructions but still noisey. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport Manual, 2007 Honda S2000 (STR)
Country flag
Yeah I had been meaning to either post about that or ask Karwan about it, I consider it worth the noise for the performance upgrade but it is annoying. If I weren’t autocrossing the car I might not be so tolerant of it. It’s pretty silent most of the time but railroad crossings or broken pavement are a clatterfest.

OP
OP

Gefiltefish

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I deal with it. Sorry. I dont drive my car daily. Just to events and back mainly. It clunks around a lot, but its worth it for me.

boscotheduck

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Don’t get me wrong the performance absolutely outweighs the noise just wondering if anyone knew anything I didn’t.

Vanimaniac

First Name
Van
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 6M Sport Hatch
Country flag
Wow, glad I saw this post. I was thinking about getting one but I only autocross like 1 or 2 times a year. This car is my daily. Not sure that would be worth it to me.

Paprocjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Country flag
Bumping this thread to see if you guys were able to get the noise issue worked out.

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
While I was at lincoln for nationals I removed the bar, greased the bushings liberally with Energy Suspension bushing grease, and reinstalled/retorqued everything to proper spec. I also got slightly longer bolts for the through-bolts on the control arm and added a nut to back the captive nut since I was concerned I may have overtorqued the captive nut. I also put blue loctite on the face of the cone spacers where they meet the inside of the control arm just to make sure that connection isn't sliding around. Generally this was a success. The bar is not silent now but it's MUCH quieter. I think the only other thing I'd like to try is getting some boots for the end links and filling the boots with grease, if only because the car is going to be my DD through a Maine winter again. And I think I am also going to make squirting a bit of grease into the fitting on the bushings part of my routine every event or two, just to make sure they stay free. The bushings were very tight/stuck and it was pretty difficult to free them from the bar having been left initially ungreased as the install directions indicated.

Overall still very happy with it, I think I can live with the current noise level and certainly pleased the car was able to pick up 3rd place in HS :).

jwbrockman

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're thinking of that guy's codriver

boscotheduck

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
While I was at lincoln for nationals I removed the bar, greased the bushings liberally with Energy Suspension bushing grease, and reinstalled/retorqued everything to proper spec. I also got slightly longer bolts for the through-bolts on the control arm and added a nut to back the captive nut since I was concerned I may have overtorqued the captive nut. I also put blue loctite on the face of the cone spacers where they meet the inside of the control arm just to make sure that connection isn't sliding around. Generally this was a success. The bar is not silent now but it's MUCH quieter. I think the only other thing I'd like to try is getting some boots for the end links and filling the boots with grease, if only because the car is going to be my DD through a Maine winter again. And I think I am also going to make squirting a bit of grease into the fitting on the bushings part of my routine every event or two, just to make sure they stay free. The bushings were very tight/stuck and it was pretty difficult to free them from the bar having been left initially ungreased as the install directions indicated.

Overall still very happy with it, I think I can live with the current noise level and certainly pleased the car was able to pick up 3rd place in HS :).
This mirrors my findings as far as noise and grease goes. I can usually get the bar MOSTLY quiet for a few days. Interested to see what you find for a rubber boot solution. I was just going to swap back to stock my bar for the winter...

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't installed my used Karcepts bar yet. But I think I will do the between season swap thing(I used to do that for the custom Koni dampers on my GTI too). While nicely made exposed rod ends aren't really rated for prolong exposure to salt and grime and stuff and they will eat those spherical bearings in no time.
Sponsored