Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
wow, can't tell you how much I did been looking for a one stop shop like this, you sir are a gent and I doth my cap
No problem amigo. I was needing this too when I was planning out what I'd do for the next couple of years on my FK8. There were several parts I had no idea certain manufacturers made upgrades for. Realized this is probably something a ton of people could use, especially those new to our community or considering getting a Type R.
Sponsored

Tolga-R

First Name
Tolga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 Typer
Country flag
Masterpiece post for Fk8 owners. I made the homepage of my chrome browser :)

Thanks Kefi

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Very detailed post! This will absolutely help alot of people out. Thanks for taking the time to do something like this that absolutely took alot of time!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Very detailed post! This will absolutely help alot of people out. Thanks for taking the time to do something like this that absolutely took alot of time!:thumbsup:
Not gonna lie, the wife may have been a little mad at how much time I've spent on the computer lately. :oops::D

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Not gonna lie, the wife may have been a little mad at how much time I've spent on the computer lately. :oops::D
I totally agree with the wife thing....my wife has made comments too!!:cool:

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
This post needs to be shared on the FK8 FB groups and stickied there too. :catfight:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I'm really hoping for a good stock ECU fuel pump upgrade that doesn't cost $2k+. I'm full bolt on and once I installed the PRL turbo inlet pipe, my fuel pump duty cycle is frequently maxed when getting on it.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm really hoping for a good stock ECU fuel pump upgrade that doesn't cost $2k+. I'm full bolt on and once I installed the PRL turbo inlet pipe, my fuel pump duty cycle is frequently maxed when getting on it.
4piston says they've had a customer successfully run their $1600 HPFP on Hondata with a very experienced tuner. I was maxing out before adding the inlet pipe and intake, lol.

But yeah, that's probably the route I'll take first if it becomes cheap enough. Won't bother with flex fuel until my pump can make the best of it. Really looking forward to the PRL drop in turbo.

edit: not sure if ktuner or hondata for the hpfp

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I'm curious, has anyone dyno'd their stock CTR with stock wheels vs light weight wheels? In theory there should be a power gain due to the reduction in parasitic power loss. Years back, someone tested it on a Camaro and saw a 1 HP gain (across the entire rev range) for every pound shed. Knowing the CTR has no driveshaft (so the wheels would impact the loss more than on a Camaro), those gains might be underestimated some too. With the weight of the stock rims, that could add up.

OP
OP
kefi

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm curious, has anyone dyno'd their stock CTR with stock wheels vs light weight wheels? In theory there should be a power gain due to the reduction in parasitic power loss. Years back, someone tested it on a Camaro and saw a 1 HP gain (across the entire rev range) for every pound shed. Knowing the CTR has no driveshaft (so the wheels would impact the loss more than on a Camaro), those gains might be underestimated some too. With the weight of the stock rims, that could add up.
Good question. Nobody has tested this theory as far as I've seen. Whats the most weight reduction one can get nowadays anyways?

Every time I think about weight reduction mods all I can think about is how I could probably lose more myself :coffee:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Good question. Nobody has tested this theory as far as I've seen. Whats the most weight reduction one can get nowadays anyways?

Every time I think about weight reduction mods all I can think about is how I could probably lose more myself :coffee:
On rotating mass or in general? With rotating mass you got the rim (10-15 lbs), rotors (like 3 lbs*), lug nuts (1-2 lbs*). All that could get you a good 14-20 lbs lost of rotating mass. It's nothing to overlook to be honest. I have no clue on any sort of power gains since no one has tested this.

I know when I swapped my rims to lose 10 lbs per corner, it was felt immediately. Keep in mind this immediate change had no actual change in total net mass (only thing that changed was rotating mass) as I had swapped the lighter rims and tires from inside the car onto the car and taken the heavier OEM stuff and put them inside the car. The response change and "perkiness" of the car was immediate, it felt so much lighter on its wheels being much more eager to go, stop, and turn.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
4piston says they've had a customer successfully run their $1600 HPFP on Hondata with a very experienced tuner. I was maxing out before adding the inlet pipe and intake, lol.

But yeah, that's probably the route I'll take first if it becomes cheap enough. Won't bother with flex fuel until my pump can make the best of it. Really looking forward to the PRL drop in turbo.
Really? I wonder if @D-RobIMW would be able to tune the new 4P fuel pump with Hondata? I'm planning on heading down there for my custom tune in the spring.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.