EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I am having issues with K-tuner being unable to load the street tune Two Step Performance has sent me.

I keep getting error messages and am at a loss.

It may be user error, but I feel that I am doing everything correctly.

I am getting error boxes that say:

"This KtunerFlash Unit Needs to be Setup in order to connect. This includes setting up recovery and the factory tune. Would you like to set this unit up for this ECU now" NO YES --Doesn't matter what I click...

Then I get a box saying:
"This ECU software is not on the supported list. You will need to contact Ktuner by email ([email protected]) in order to have this software added. 37805-5AM-A220"

I have emailed TSP, and they have sent me another tune, renamed with my flash unit serial number in it, but wanted to see if anyone else has any suggestions??

Weird thing is my ECU and the software have slightly different numbers...

Edward

Honda Civic 10th gen K-Tuner issues on 2020 Si 568A6669-75C8-441E-9E54-173BBF0BD685
Sponsored

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
First off, to my knowledge, KTuner doesn't send tune files; their tunes are built into the software. Did you mean to say TSP sent you an updated Stage 1 file?

For reference, your 2020 software is 5AM-A22 and your ECU is 37820-5AM-A22.

I went ahead and checked KTuner's website and your 2020 ECU doesn't appear to be on the supported list yet. Keep in mind the 2020's just came out so it takes a bit of time to get full support.

Once your ECU is on the list, go through all the steps again setting up your KTuner and everything should work fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
First off, to my knowledge, KTuner doesn't send tune files; their tunes are built into the software. Did you mean to say TSP sent you an updated Stage 1 file?

For reference, your 2020 software is 5AM-A22 and your ECU is 37820-5AM-A22.

I went ahead and checked KTuner's website and your 2020 ECU doesn't appear to be on the supported list yet. Keep in mind the 2020's just came out so it takes a bit of time to get full support.

Once your ECU is on the list, go through all the steps again setting up your KTuner and everything should work fine.

Yes, sorry. I meant Two Step Performance. I edited my post. This was supposed to be a pre-release version for 2020 Si's...They are still working on the completed Stage 1 tune for 2020 models. I'm sure the 6% smaller final drive plays into the calculations also.

As for K-Tuner, I guess my ECU is not on the supported list yet, this is the problem. I will just have to keep checking the list.

Edward

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
Yes, sorry. I meant Two Step Performance. I edited my post. This was supposed to be a pre-release version for 2020 Si's...They are still working on the completed Stage 1 tune for 2020 models. I'm sure the 6% smaller final drive plays into the calculations also.

As for K-Tuner, I guess my ECU is not on the supported list yet, this is the problem. I will just have to keep checking the list.

Edward
Any luck yet?

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Any luck yet?

Yes! They sent me a link with a version to run that is compatible with my ECU.

They have now added the ECU # to the list on their website also.

I am now running the pre-release / beta version of Two Step Performance Stage 1, it is just one tune, not 3 maps (yet).

Edward

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
Yes! They sent me a link with a version to run that is compatible with my ECU.

They have now added the ECU # to the list on their website also.

I am now running the pre-release / beta version of Two Step Performance Stage 1, it is just one tune, not 3 maps (yet).

Edward
Thanks for the reply, one more questions for every maps you do have to pay individual, say like new intake or exhaust, I'm assuming have to reflash again. Brand new to this flashing thanks if my questions are not as bright.

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks for the reply, one more questions for every maps you do have to pay individual, say like new intake or exhaust, I'm assuming have to reflash again. Brand new to this flashing thanks if my questions are not as bright.
No, the maps self-adjust according to the Air/Fuel Ratios programmed by RPM and boost pressure and detected my the Mass Air Flow sensor. Usually the target is stoich (-iometric="perfect AFR for gasoline") at 14.7 parts air to 1 part fuel.

Think of the 3 maps as having 3 different maximum boost pressures, 19, 21.5, and 23/25.

We will be able to swap between the 3 maps on the fly when they are done for the 2020 model ECUs using the Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel. Do some searching and watch some YouTube videos on Ktuner and Two Step Performance Map switching. Lots of Youtube videos and links-Honda Hack has one too on how to install and use it and TunerView lite (un-needed if you have Ktuner V2 with the screen)

Edward

Last edited:

Blk_Clover

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 si sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the fast input Edward, at least I have a starting point on what I should look for!
Sponsored