NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Doesn't matter. V1.2 vs V2 is just whether you want a unit with a screen and ability to flash without a laptop in the car. No matter which unit you pick it will find your ECU and only let you load appropriate tune files. Read above though, seems like some 2019s are on "initial releases" which are slightly feature-limited at present.
So I literally just have to buy a Ktuner unit and then I can use it in my car? There’s no specific one? Cause I have the 2.0 engine
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
So I literally just have to buy a Ktuner unit and then I can use it in my car? There’s no specific one? Cause I have the 2.0 engine
Right. The Ktuner units themselves are not vehicle specific. You just need a KTuner and the downloadable Ktuner software... plus a laptop if you're going with the V1.2 ...

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Right. The Ktuner units themselves are not vehicle specific. You just need a KTuner and the downloadable Ktuner software... plus a laptop if you're going with the V1.2 ...
One more question let’s say I’m using a short ram intake, is there a specific way to tune for that mod or does it kinda just work along side any mods that you may already be running?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
One more question let’s say I’m using a short ram intake, is there a specific way to tune for that mod or does it kinda just work along side any mods that you may already be running?
Most (good) SRIs should be designed to work on the stock factory tune and stock MAF housing (and therefore with Ktuner). If you get an intake with a larger than stock MAF housing (i.e. PRL Race MAF) then you will need additional adjustment in the tune to account for the larger airflow. KTuner has a calibration for the PRL race MAF.

If you're getting the Injen SRI, Mishimoto SRI, PRL SRI (street MAF), etc., all of those don't require any tweaks to the tune.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most (good) SRIs should be designed to work on the stock factory tune and stock MAF housing (and therefore with Ktuner). If you get an intake with a larger than stock MAF housing (i.e. PRL Race MAF) then you will need additional adjustment in the tune to account for the larger airflow. KTuner has a calibration for the PRL race MAF.

If you're getting the Injen SRI, Mishimoto SRI, PRL SRI (street MAF), etc., all of those don't require any tweaks to the tune.
Right now I’m running a HPS SRI. I shouldn’t need a tune for this one? I got people I work with giving me shit saying “you need a tune”, “it’s gunna run lean/rich”.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Right now I’m running a HPS SRI. I shouldn’t need a tune for this one? I got people I work with giving me shit saying “you need a tune”, “it’s gunna run lean/rich”.
Honda Civic 10th gen K Tuner Initial Install FA239D07-F64B-4A9E-B5C9-B638A1C1383B

Honda Civic 10th gen K Tuner Initial Install D983BBE6-3053-49AB-9BB6-8881D4931D97

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I don't have any experience with that brand, but from their website product description:

" The kit does NOT require tuning and does not trigger CEL light."

Seems like you're okay. Nice thing is you'll be able to use KTuner to monitor your fuel trims and verify whether that intake is performing well.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't have any experience with that brand, but from their website product description:

" The kit does NOT require tuning and does not trigger CEL light."

Seems like you're okay. Nice thing is you'll be able to use KTuner to monitor your fuel trims and verify whether that intake is performing well.
Cool thanks man
Sponsored