First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
K tuned.... JUNK!!!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuned Down pipe is junk !!!!! DONT BYE lgjJcxcORS+0IR4%FvUDTQ

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuned Down pipe is junk !!!!! DONT BYE 48CZzvEkT6ClOlBV3JXfrA

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuned Down pipe is junk !!!!! DONT BYE GFjdrE4QRuSSAtE02HzOL

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuned Down pipe is junk !!!!! DONT BYE nKVXBEM3R1G7tvB48haJrw

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so last year i jumped the gun when everything was first starting to come out for the fk8 and i happen to go with the k tuned down pipe witch is 699.00 plus shipping so its been on my car for ruffly a year so i only drive it hear and there there's less then 8000k on the car and the down pipe is cracking welds and holes are forming the thing is junk the quality is vary poor today i tried getting a hold of k tuned to see if they could help me out or fix it or any thing and they were just real assholes about it told me its over year old can't help me so i am out 699.00 for some junk down pipe witch i am glad i took it apart now i ordered the prl down pipe and mid pipe and i just got it delivered wow what a difference in quality and craftsmanship tig welds not mig welds so i am letting people know before they order a k tuned that there not getting a good quality part and hope now one else looses out like i did
That sucks...I can tell you were angry...no periods...and this :D "...ruffly a year so i only drive it hear and there there's less then 8000k on the car and the down pipe is cracking welds and holes are forming the thing is junk the quality is vary"

I guess try prl or rv6...both seem good and haven't hear of any major issues

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ya i was mad!!!! Hahahah on a better note the new set up showed up, now time to send it out to get ceramic coated

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuned Down pipe is junk !!!!! DONT BYE 2F06AFAC-5C59-4CCE-A551-EA24309473B4

Honda Civic 10th gen K tuned Down pipe is junk !!!!! DONT BYE 386C795E-2ED3-4C08-AB12-4FF4B4426344

Davesxx01

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 CR-V
Country flag
If I can make a suggestion, since your ceramic coating it you probably shouldnā€™t wrap it also. Iā€™ve seen wrapping itself cause corrosion.

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No wrap but thank you for the suggestion

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If I can make a suggestion, since your ceramic coating it you probably shouldnā€™t wrap it also. Iā€™ve seen wrapping itself cause corrosion.
This. Depending on weather and road conditions, you are trapping moisture under any wrap. Part of the reason I'm not wrapping anything on my car in WI...same place as OP. (I also am driving it in the winter)

Glad you got the PRL one!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sucks you had that experience. From their end, I kind of understand, being a year out of buying their product, but maybe they can say "Hey sorry, that happened to you, send it back and let us repair this or we can get you a discount on another one". I don't know how your conversation went but I hate bad customer service.

I hope the PRL one lasts longer since I'm looking to get the PRL DP as well. From what I can tell, PRL has great customer service, great products, and great QA.

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont drive my car in winter also avoid rain best i can so thats not the reason that down pipe cracked and deteriorating its just cheep material and poor welding

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Sucks you had that experience. From their end, I kind of understand, being a year out of buying their product, but maybe they can say "Hey sorry, that happened to you, send it back and let us repair this or we can get you a discount on another one". I don't know how your conversation went but I hate bad customer service.

I hope the PRL one lasts longer since I'm looking to get the PRL DP as well. From what I can tell, PRL has great customer service, great products, and great QA.
C
I dont drive my car in winter also avoid rain best i can so thats not the reason that down pipe cracked and deteriorating its just cheep material and poor welding
Probably both. Whether driving in rain, snow, winter, summer...you live in WI. There will be moisture under any wrap. An inferior product will compound this.

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I wasnt expecting new they were just compleat assholes i just wanted it repaired or some kind of appoligy thats all and they said cant help you out of warrantee witch pist me off so never buying there products again there coustomer service is as good as there downpipe

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I wasnt expecting new they were just compleat assholes i just wanted it repaired or some kind of appoligy thats all and they said cant help you out of warrantee witch pist me off so never buying there products again there coustomer service is as good as there downpipe
I was not expecting new they were just compleat assholes i just wanted it repaired or some kind of appoligy thats all and they said cant help you out of warrantee witch pist me off so never buying there products again there coustomer service is as good as there downpipe
Please spell check for everyone's benefit.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I was not expecting new they were just compleat assholes i just wanted it repaired or some kind of appoligy thats all and they said cant help you out of warrantee witch pist me off so never buying there products again there coustomer service is as good as there downpipe

Please spell check for everyone's benefit.
Yes please!

DRKSYD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
it has been "vary" viral lately
No one want's to spend 20 minutes reading one paragraph. I live in WI, that post is embarrassing, as are the 49ers. :flame:

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
hey drksyd
No one want's to spend 20 minutes reading one paragraph. I live in WI, that post is embarrassing, as are the 49ers. :flame:
I am sorry my grammer offends you. I was in a pinch and driving at the time!! I apologize.. where in WI are you? Not to many up in Green Bay :)
Sponsored