K&N intake for Si

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a reason none of the intakes seem to replace all the way back? they all look weird to me to just stop 1/2 way then turn into stock ugly piping. I feel like it would look better if it ran all the way across the front.
That flat piece over the top of the turbo is built in to the turbo from what we have been able to see. Itll be gone when someone makes a big turbo upgrade
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I’m glad some others on the forums here understand what I’ve been trying to lay down to people for months. Was beginning to think these company’s sucked in a giant pool of suckers.
If I end up doing an intake, I will do back to back dynos before pairing with the tune. The claim of 5-15 HP (stock tune) is "probably" true while the car is in motion and leveraging the FMIC. From idle, SRI's are a giant heat soak magnet, and likely hurt performance until the FMIC can begin cooling efficiently at speed. And the claim that intakes add only a few HP on a tune, is absolutely TRUE based on available testing.

In most scenarios, the air is simply moving too fast for piping materials to have a significant benefit. Induction area, MAF size, pipe architecture, and filter efficiency seem to matter more. Though I do like that some manufacturers such as PRL are considering it.

My 2 cents...

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Is there a reason none of the intakes seem to replace all the way back? they all look weird to me to just stop 1/2 way then turn into stock ugly piping. I feel like it would look better if it ran all the way across the front.
It helps with the way air is going in. There will never be a need to change that. Pretty sure if that was changed out to be like the rest of the intake it would screw the whole car up. It would change the flow rate in which the air is going in dramatically. Unless doing a engine build/big turbo.

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
That flat piece over the top of the turbo is built in to the turbo from what we have been able to see. Itll be gone when someone makes a big turbo upgrade
Ah didn't realize those were connected, kinda odd for a design.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
no hating about any brand that weve talked here....but i think the k/n looks way better than this bizarre shape intake.......
http://prlmotorsports.com/images/products/detail/DSCN0519.jpg
Hopefully you looked at the intake installed pics we have! Bizarre? well we are the only ones who get the filter outside of the engine compartment to actually draw air that is not heat saturated! From the engine bay you will see a great black piece of silicone going into our Billet MAF housing that will be annodized then you will see a silicone bend going straight down.... the rest is all hidden.

jaydan1020

First Name
Jaydan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cjsynthetic.myamsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si. 2019 CR-V
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yep! speed limits still 70 mph anyways........
WOuldnt you still want cooler air cruising at 70 too over the hot air just sitting in the engine bay?

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
WOuldnt you still want cooler air cruising at 70 too over the hot air just sitting in the engine bay?
the air flow under the hood is awesome
ive driven hard enough to test this...and all i can say is the intake pipe wasnt even hot....so no worries about heatsoak guys.......

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
the air flow under the hood is awesome
ive driven hard enough to test this...and all i can say is the intake pipe wasnt even hot....so no worries about heatsoak guys.......
this is a real world IAT 20 seconds after exiting a freeway for a SRI intake running 70 mph. I Imagine a lower IAT for a CAI sitting well below the engine bay like the PRL

Honda Civic 10th gen K&N intake for Si IATS SUCK
Sponsored