Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
We can ask PRL since they do R&D, Hey @PRL Motorsports is putting the maf sideways and out of stock placement and before the bends a good or bad thing?
We chose to imitate the factory MAF sensor location and housing as close to factory as possible to reduce the chance of headaches. Pre/post bends can reduce turbuleht airflow which can cause issues. The same thing can be said about orienting the sensor in its side. We do not wish to bash another company's products here. From past experience, any altering of the MAF sensor placement (angle, orientation, surrounding geometry, etc) can result in driveability and tuning issues. With that being said, we do not have any personal experience with their intake system, we are just taking past experience into consideration.
Sponsored

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is totally a guess, but my cheap brand AF Dynamic Amazon knock off is $169. The injen SRI sits at $220 range. K&N is very proud of their stuff, their old Typhoon SRI were in the $320 range so itll probably be there. At that point Id get the PRL bc we know its tested and true and is presale for $319. Injen threw some dumb dyno numbers out that were debunked almost immediately for the 10th gen. Id be wary if K&N numbers too. Basically, IF you are going to get an intake and are already considering the PRL, I wouldnt sit and wait, the presale at $319 is a steal since regular price once they ship will be $400
For anyone that has bought an intake before and knows K&N you should know they will put a price tag on it to rip everyone off. K&N is good quality dont get me wrong but because of they prices on there products i would never waste my money on K&N maybe if they dropped like 50% off to a reasonable price for a tube and filter. $300+ is a joke for an intake!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
For anyone that has bought an intake before and knows K&N you should know they will put a price tag on it to rip everyone off. K&N is good quality dont get me wrong but because of they prices on there products i would never waste my money on K&N maybe if they dropped like 50% off to a reasonable price for a tube and filter. $300+ is a joke for an intake!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
I can say that I bash a lot of company’s. But only ones that deserve it. And from my past experiences with K&N they make a not so good intake. Lost power and heat soaked even with the heat shield provided on more then one platform.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can say that I bash a lot of company’s. But only ones that deserve it. And from my past experiences with K&N they make a not so good intake. Lost power and heat soaked even with the heat shield provided on more then one platform.
I don't bash on company's often either but when they are about greed and stuffing their pockets instead of taking care of a customer im not a fan. I hate greed any anyone who cares more about money then anything else. So many things come first to be before money. I would rather spend my money on a company who cares about the customer and makes the price affordable.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We chose to imitate the factory MAF sensor location and housing as close to factory as possible to reduce the chance of headaches. Pre/post bends can reduce turbuleht airflow which can cause issues. The same thing can be said about orienting the sensor in its side. We do not wish to bash another company's products here. From past experience, any altering of the MAF sensor placement (angle, orientation, surrounding geometry, etc) can result in driveability and tuning issues. With that being said, we do not have any personal experience with their intake system, we are just taking past experience into consideration.
I appreciate the response and its the type or response I expected from a group like you all. I certainly wasnt wanting anyone to bash them. Kind of as I figured, any time you change the angle or shape or design from factory you have the potential to run into issues. Thanks guys. I actually have the Cobra sitting in my cart now.......

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jaydan1020

First Name
Jaydan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
cjsynthetic.myamsoil.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si. 2019 CR-V
Country flag
Does nobody remember when they came out with the intake for the 9th gen Si? Website claimed 10hp, they even had a “dyno” graph lol. Then somebody who is a very reputable tuner did his own testing and he found that the factory intake system provided higher number than the K&N. The factory one just doesn’t “sound good” lol.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do not, but I can create some on the basemaps if needed
was just curious how changing the location and orientation of the MAF sensor affect trims. On my AFDynamic Short term fuel trims were off and running richer than stock

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Does nobody remember when they came out with the intake for the 9th gen Si? Website claimed 10hp, they even had a “dyno” graph lol. Then somebody who is a very reputable tuner did his own testing and he found that the factory intake system provided higher number than the K&N. The factory one just doesn’t “sound good” lol.
Yes. They did the same thing for the 8th gen too. Ended up being a pile of poo poo.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
was just curious how changing the location and orientation of the MAF sensor affect trims. On my AFDynamic Short term fuel trims were off and running richer than stock
Well on the current tune I have that @dc2turbo helped me out on, my fuel trims were within 5% margin I believe. I would have to double check to make sure.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well on the current tune I have that @dc2turbo helped me out on, my fuel trims were within 5% margin I believe. I would have to double check to make sure.
Dc2 is a good dude. He helped me on my AFD before i went custom tune with VIT

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Back in Black

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That looks fantastic! Did you have to reroute some of the coolant lines as had to be done for the 9th Gen Si?
Sponsored