K&N Air Intake for 10th Gen Civic 1.5L

pablidito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I found a great deal on a K&N Air Intake for my 2016 Civic Turbo through eBay so I jumped on it. I started doing the install earlier this week and realized when I removed the stock air box that there was a resonator below it. The instructions for the install from K&N doesn't say anything about removing the resonator and their Customer Service said that it wasn't necessary to remove it. My concern is that if I leave it in, it looks like it's only held on by a single bolt and will more than likely just wobble around in the engine compartment and cause all kinds of racket. Has anyone installed the K&N unit on their vehicle? If so, how did you deal with the resonator issue? I don't want to remove it unless it's absolutely necessary, since it sounds like it's a PITA to remove.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think you need to get it out of there. Anything loose that is rattling around in the engine bay has the risk of being picked up by the knock sensor, which would pull timing and slow down your car.

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I found a great deal on a K&N Air Intake for my 2016 Civic Turbo through eBay so I jumped on it. I started doing the install earlier this week and realized when I removed the stock air box that there was a resonator below it. The instructions for the install from K&N doesn't say anything about removing the resonator and their Customer Service said that it wasn't necessary to remove it. My concern is that if I leave it in, it looks like it's only held on by a single bolt and will more than likely just wobble around in the engine compartment and cause all kinds of racket. Has anyone installed the K&N unit on their vehicle? If so, how did you deal with the resonator issue? I don't want to remove it unless it's absolutely necessary, since it sounds like it's a PITA to remove.
I removed the resonator box by disconnecting the intercooler hose. It was the only way I could get that damn thing out. I messed with it for about 35 minutes before disconnecting the hose. Had the take the bumper off for that but I was installing a CAI. I think others have been able to get it out w/o removing the bumper/hose.

conbrio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback 6MT SGP sport touring
Country flag
Is there a way to secure the resonator box down there with zipties?
Sponsored