K&N air filter making woosh noises is this normal or do i have a boost leak?

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Car only has 1k miles on it and I usually drive with the windows closed, question regarding the woosh noise. I purchased the k&n air filter noticed my gas milage went down 1.5 mpg combined and not sure it made a difference maybe i dk. If i had some sort of boost leak would the check engine light come on? Everything is sealed on the air box and its impossible to install the filter upside down so I am trying to figure out my woosh woosh when i shift gears. I am assuming this is the blow off valve but really should it be doing this with a stock CTR?
Thanks
Sponsored

GAT305

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR Crystal Black
Country flag
Car only has 1k miles on it and I usually drive with the windows closed, question regarding the woosh noise. I purchased the k&n air filter noticed my gas milage went down 1.5 mpg combined and not sure it made a difference maybe i dk. If i had some sort of boost leak would the check engine light come on? Everything is sealed on the air box and its impossible to install the filter upside down so I am trying to figure out my woosh woosh when i shift gears. I am assuming this is the blow off valve but really should it be doing this with a stock CTR?
Thanks
Yes its normal CTR has a blow off but its very soft. Any mods to intake will amplify sound.

OP
OP

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Yes its normal CTR has a blow off but its very soft. Any mods to intake will amplify sound.
i created a new post because i was anxious to hear back , but seeing how it is normal that is COOL
Thanks.....
I have had the filter for 2 weeks and never drove with my windows open until tonight. I wonder if you get the woosh on even a 1.5t SI

i am sure the altitude at 6k ft might make it sound louder too since it might be working harder i dont know but would make sense to me

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
You should get the pipercross, even louder!
Sponsored