K.control on e85

Fk_1.5t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ext manual
Country flag
i have a ext mt with full bolt ons with a custom tune running on CA 91 chevron, and I was just wondering how my k control would be on e85? Would it not rise as much or would it be stable to redline(like not rise like it does now on 91)? I understand there is a lot of factors so if you could just explain it in a general sense I would really appreciate it! Thanks guys!
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right now I currently run an E40 blend of Chevron 91 and E85 on TSP's Stage 2 Tune. My knock control is almost the exact same as it was on just 91.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have a ext mt with full bolt ons with a custom tune running on CA 91 chevron, and I was just wondering how my k control would be on e85? Would it not rise as much or would it be stable to redline(like not rise like it does now on 91)? I understand there is a lot of factors so if you could just explain it in a general sense I would really appreciate it! Thanks guys!
Should just be using only E30-E40 blend and not full E85

OP
OP

Fk_1.5t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ext manual
Country flag
Right now I currently run an E40 blend of Chevron 91 and E85 on TSP's Stage 2 Tune. My knock control is almost the exact same as it was on just 91.
Oh really??? Is it a tune thing then or maybe a sensitive k control sensor? Cause I’ve heard that it helps keep it stable? And you have an si so that worries me haha cause they are usually more resilient you know? I’m hoping more people will throw some input on this. Cause I saw another guy racing and his k control didn’t move at all from .49 like straight up. Went to 135 mph and redlined through every gear... this issue gives me a headache sometime but thank you for the reply!

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh really??? Is it a tune thing then or maybe a sensitive k control sensor? Cause I’ve heard that it helps keep it stable? And you have an si so that worries me haha cause they are usually more resilient you know? I’m hoping more people will throw some input on this. Cause I saw another guy racing and his k control didn’t move at all from .49 like straight up. Went to 135 mph and redlined through every gear... this issue gives me a headache sometime but thank you for the reply!
I'm not really sure. I went from a TSP Stage 1 Tune to a TSP Stage 2 Tune when I installed the Flex-Fuel Kit. Mine is almost ALWAYS at .47-.49

Also, handy app to use for blending your fuel is "E85 Blend" on the Android store. Not sure of an iPhone alternative. But it's damn good at getting me on E40 every time.

Honda Civic 10th gen K.control on e85 Lj3qe7jl
Honda Civic 10th gen K.control on e85 ljAuftpl

Last edited:
OP
OP

Fk_1.5t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ext manual
Country flag
I'm not really sure. I went from a TSP Stage 1 Tune to a TSP Stage 2 Tune when I installed the Flex-Fuel Kit. Mine is almost ALWAYS at .47-.49

Also, handy app to use for blending your fuel is "E85 Blend" on the Android store. Not sure of an iPhone alternative. But it's damn good at getting me on E40 every time.

View attachment 127261 View attachment 127262

View attachment 127260
Ayyy that’s awesome yeah I’m not sure either it’s kinda weird my knock control. I can mash through the gears but as soon as I pass 5000rpm my k control goes up... is that normal?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What does it go up to and what tune are you on?

OP
OP

Fk_1.5t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ext manual
Country flag
What does it go up to and what tune are you on?
It goes up anytime I pass 5000k rpm but if I start in first and redline through each gear it won’t go up till I red line in 3rd gear from .54 (because I use hondata) to maybe .70s. It’s really weird but I’m on a custom tune from a local tuner not sure what it’s called I’m pretty noob. But it’s a 24 psi tune in that helps?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
It goes up anytime I pass 5000k rpm but if I start in first and redline through each gear it won’t go up till I red line in 3rd gear from .54 (because I use hondata) to maybe .70s. It’s really weird but I’m on a custom tune from a local tuner not sure what it’s called I’m pretty noob. But it’s a 24 psi tune in that helps?
Where do you make peak boost? If your gunning for 24 psi past 5000rpms it might be a little angry at that. Or the local tuner added just a little to much ign up there. There's also heatsoak, what's your IATs at when KC goes up
Sponsored