luispe7

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If by a few mods you mean replacing the turbo, sure...
No but i mean how do you feel it compares as far as power goes stock for stock
Sponsored

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Well I'll be glad to hear an update once you have broken the car in and have given it hell.

Reactions: bri

EizenhowerSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I owned a 2017 SI w/ a K Tuner prior to my Type R. I really enjoyed driving the Si but always felt it needed more. The Si is a great little car for a daily driver but gives out at the top end. Suspension and front diff is great for it's price point.

I LOVE my Type R, the difference in power is HUGE. So far I have installed and AFE Cold Air and Thermal R&D Exhaust and it is an angry little hatch! I did two Mods to make mine into a daily. Dropped to 18's with All Season Tires and changed the brake pads to ceramic. It rides nicer and stopped the crazy amount of brake dust. I saved my stock wheels/tires and Brembo Pads for Track Days.

FYI on an awesome note, I ran my CTR at a Charity Autocross Event against our company's 2017 NSX and came within 1 second of its lap!

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I owned a 2017 SI w/ a K Tuner prior to my Type R. I really enjoyed driving the Si but always felt it needed more. The Si is a great little car for a daily driver but gives out at the top end. Suspension and front diff is great for it's price point.

I LOVE my Type R, the difference in power is HUGE. So far I have installed and AFE Cold Air and Thermal R&D Exhaust and it is an angry little hatch! I did two Mods to make mine into a daily. Dropped to 18's with All Season Tires and changed the brake pads to ceramic. It rides nicer and stopped the crazy amount of brake dust. I saved my stock wheels/tires and Brembo Pads for Track Days.

FYI on an awesome note, I ran my CTR at a Charity Autocross Event against our company's 2017 NSX and came within 1 second of its lap!
What company do you work for that has a company NSX?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Mind to share what brakes and part numbers for the brakes you switched to? Front and rear?

EizenhowerSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I only changed the front so far and it has made a huge difference. I use Duralast Max Ceramic Pads. I was able to get the part number from FlyingGato.

They don’t list a brake pad for the Type R. It is actually the same pad as a WRX STI. Here is a photo for help. SUPER EASY to install.

Honda Civic 10th gen Just went from 2018 Si to 2018 Type R 12DF69CE-66E9-4A24-AE24-B8B228C35E36

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I only changed the front so far and it has made a huge difference. I use Duralast Max Ceramic Pads. I was able to get the part number from FlyingGato.

They don’t list a brake pad for the Type R. It is actually the same pad as a WRX STI. Here is a photo for help. SUPER EASY to install.

12DF69CE-66E9-4A24-AE24-B8B228C35E36.jpeg
So a difference in brake dust?
How about stopping power compared to stock pads?

EizenhowerSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
From a track perspective they are most likely not as good. Day to day they feel the same to me. Just quieter and my wheels stay clean.

You can change them out in about 15 minutes. I will still use the brembo pads for Auto X and other track events.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Gonna pick these up I believe. Thanks. Is the quality pretty good? $51 seems cheap to me and the name duralast but I mean I don’t know anything about brakes either. You wouldn’t know part number for the rear would you? I know you only bought the front. I’m stupid with brakes so where do you put the grease at to keep them quiet. I’m guessing it comes with it?

12DF69CE-66E9-4A24-AE24-B8B228C35E36.jpeg

EizenhowerSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The Duralast pads are actually pretty good.

I have been using them for years. They have a lifetime guarantee on them. I have not looked into the rear as the front pads do most of the work and the rear are more for balance and stability.

CWCTR2018

Banned
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
What’s funny I have been banned several times explaining how much better the type r is vs the SI probably because 360 glitch owns one

And the truth comes out
Just wait until you put hondata on it with the E30 tune

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
What’s funny I have been banned several times explaining how much better the type r is vs the SI probably because 360 glitch owns one

And the truth comes out
Just wait until you put hondata on it with the E30 tune
anyone that says the type r isn't better then the Si either cant afford the ctr or is in denial.
Sponsored