Just my luck...

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige MT
Country flag
Car was bumped into while parked and of course the other driver didnt have the decency to leave a note.

Contacted a PDR and they said there's a support beam behind the damage that can't be fixed. I do trust his judgement but wanted a second opinion before I go and buy a whole new rear door.

What do you guys think?

Honda Civic 10th gen Just my luck... 20200113_152728

Honda Civic 10th gen Just my luck... 20200113_152820

Honda Civic 10th gen Just my luck... 20200113_152832

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I'd pop the panel off and have a look. That appears to be just above the door speaker. As long as there's space to work in may be doable. Also may be able to pull some of it with suction. I've seen them remove a lot worse. Good luck.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Try the heat/freeze trick. Get a hair drying or heat gun (heat gun preferably) and heat up the location. Be careful not to heat it up too much and don’t put the heating source close to the panel/paint. Also do not leave the heating source in directly pointed in one locations. Use sweeping motions to heat the panel. Get those air duster cans to dust off keyboard (Usually sell them at electronic stores or hardware stores). Turn it upside down and spray it you should see a a freezing liquid begin to spray out and ice may form on the dent. Spray the area. Careful with the can as it can become unbearably cold and if not careful could cause injuries to the skin, so wear protection. Lightly bang on the surrounding area with a the fist of your hand to help it pop out. Sometimes it takes multiple tries 3-5 tries

OP
OP
waxonwaxoff

waxonwaxoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Turbo Prestige MT
Country flag
Okay thanks for the recommendations, I'm going to try the heat/freeze method first, then pulling it with out some suction or glue and if that doesnt work I'll take the inside door card off to see if I can get a good look at the damage from within the door.

I'll report back to let you know how I got on.
Sponsored