Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hmmm interesting seems halogens might be better still if those are from a civic
If you can swing the $50 katana are worth the test because of how cheap they are. I’ve never had xenon so I can’t confirm compared to those but I can say compared to the results of osram night breakers in my old car these are better by a lot. I’d expect morimoto to be almost a tie but for me $50 was easier to try vs $150
Sponsored

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can swing the $50 katana are worth the test because of how cheap they are. I’ve never had xenon so I can’t confirm compared to those but I can say compared to the results of osram night breakers in my old car these are better by a lot. I’d expect morimoto to be almost a tie but for me $50 was easier to try vs $150
Hmmm I just don't want to buy them and have to go back to halogens

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hmmm I just don't want to buy them and have to go back to halogens

That doesn’t show much on the katana it shows Hikari but they mention katana and show around 4:35 in the video. It does show Hikari vs halogen and they say katana are almost as good as Hikari but we’re half the price and that’s what sold me

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for reaching out! So there are two parts to installing your H11 2Strokes.

First part, the H11 bulbs have three retainers that have unique slots it belongs in (represented with the first picture; retainers are pointed with blue arrows. third retainer isn't shown in picture). If you look at the 3 metal retainers, you will notice that two are the same and one is not. You must match these unique retainers in the belonged slot; there is only one possible way the bulbs will fit flush. Once you've placed the retainers in the appropriate slots you will notice they sit flush and aren't crooked or sitting uneven.

Second part, the plastic ring which sits on the body of the LED bulb (represented in the second picture, blue arrow pointing to the yellow plastic piece) is actually a squishy piece of plastic which connects the LED bulb with the headlight housing, and will stop any dirt and gunk from getting into your headlight housing. Once your LED bulbs are sitting flush in the retainer slot, you must push in and turn to lock your LED bulbs in. I must admit, you need to push a good amount of pressure down on the LED bulb before being able to turn and lock it in.

I have bigger hands so this was a challenge for me for the first couple of tries, but I pretty much had one hand on the headlight and with the other on the back of the LED BULB.... I just PUSHED IN and TURNED. (took me about 3-4 tries each bulb, since you don't have a good amount of leverage from the angle you're installing from... either that, or I didn't just have good form :dunno:)

Sorry bub, best advice I could give to you, it was a challenge. Just make sure your LED bulbs are SITTING FLUSH in the appropriate retainer slots before PUSHING/SQUEEZING and TURNING.

Let me know how it goes! And shoot me a pic when you get them installed. Good Luck! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

h11 morimoto 2stroke 2 0   retainers.png

h11 morimoto 2stroke 2 0 plastic seal.png
I must be really weak cause I’ve been pushing and I can’t get these in no matter how hard I try, I also have pretty big hands so my hand barely fits in the space to begin with

D3ATHSH0R1Z0N

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just installed the 2 stroke 2.0's in my si but I've noticed the fan hum is so loud I can hear it over my engine at idle. Also, outside the car if you touch any body panel from the front doors forward you can feel the vibration of the fans. Does anyone else have this issue or do I just need to make a warranty claim? Lol

OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Just installed the 2 stroke 2.0's in my si but I've noticed the fan hum is so loud I can hear it over my engine at idle. Also, outside the car if you touch any body panel from the front doors forward you can feel the vibration of the fans. Does anyone else have this issue or do I just need to make a warranty claim? Lol
Nope, the fans are naturally loud tbh. Do you have them zip tied down to the frame?

But to be honest, all LED fans will run somewhat loud because of the cooling fan... BUT CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW 2STROKES ;)

D3ATHSH0R1Z0N

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nope, the fans are naturally loud tbh. Do you have them zip tied down to the frame?

But to be honest, all LED fans will run somewhat loud because of the cooling fan... BUT CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW 2STROKES ;)
Yeah I zip tied the wires down but I had a set of cheap beam tech LEDs in my 16 EX-T and I could hear the fan outside the car and with these 2strokes it's so loud I hear it in the cabin and feel the vibration through the steering wheel lol. But no worries I contacted TRS and they are sending new ones on warranty so hopefully that resolves my issue.

OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I zip tied the wires down but I had a set of cheap beam tech LEDs in my 16 EX-T and I could hear the fan outside the car and with these 2strokes it's so loud I hear it in the cabin and feel the vibration through the steering wheel lol. But no worries I contacted TRS and they are sending new ones on warranty so hopefully that resolves my issue.
To be honest... I don't feel any vibrations in the car. Definitely can hear them, but no vibrations... Maybe you got one or two with defective fans.

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just Install my 2stroke 2.0 Morimoto LED and adjusted headlights they were too highi really them

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS 20191219_231604

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS 20191219_231549

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS received_472865743369158

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS received_573467333215374

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just Install my 2stroke 2.0 Morimoto LED and adjusted headlights they were too highi really them

20191219_231604.jpg

20191219_231549.jpg

received_472865743369158.jpeg

received_573467333215374.jpeg
The bulb size is H11 right? I can’t get mine to screw into the housing for some reason. Feels like the notches don’t match up

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The bulb size is H11 right? I can’t get mine to screw into the housing for some reason. Feels like the notches don’t match up
There is one wider notch of all 3 fit that one with one on the housing
Put some pressure once you feel you have it in position and turn right as you putting pressure too at the same Time

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok just put them on. I like them so far. Left side is super sharp and has a nice color flicker but for some reason the right side isn’t as sharp. Must be my projector. Idk lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS 639BA85F-DD8F-43FA-9C2F-958FAB752F04

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS C5D8849F-C4D5-4715-BBEC-01EC50704B6B

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok just put them on. I like them so far. Left side is super sharp and has a nice color flicker but for some reason the right side isn’t as sharp. Must be my projector. Idk lol.

639BA85F-DD8F-43FA-9C2F-958FAB752F04.jpeg

C5D8849F-C4D5-4715-BBEC-01EC50704B6B.jpeg
Take a Picture on a flat sueface 25 feet away from the wall it has to be exact 25 feet
PM
I want to take a look at it
Beam pattern changes when we change from halogen to LED thats why it recommend to adjust headlight whem we swap out lighbulbs

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok so I tried rotating the bulbs a bit more which seemed to help. So far I’m really impressed! Not the best photo since it’s from my phone but this is about 25 feet away.

Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS DA79E27A-608B-43A5-8419-2A7EE92312A1