OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Can do. I ordered them last night so if the weather warms up soon i can add them in. I'm hoping the Katana are decent. the rumor is they're the same thing as the supernova v4's but being sold at 1/4th the cost.
Nice! Can't wait to see them! Congrats on your purchase!
Sponsored

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just watched your night drive (thx btw! it actually looks good for a drop in LED) and it looks fairly blue. Is it more white in person?

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Shoot up pictures on this thread when you get them installed, would love to see the performance on those katanas :).
Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS z2qdvEM

I’ll get some more either tonight or tomorrow morning when it’s dark. The heat spots were identical to the stock bulbs and so far they seem decent but I haven’t tested them in the dark yet. Can’t wait to update y’all tomorrow with more pics and results on actual light output. They match the daytime runnings though which is amazing

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
z2qdvEM.jpg

I’ll get some more either tonight or tomorrow morning when it’s dark. The heat spots were identical to the stock bulbs and so far they seem decent but I haven’t tested them in the dark yet. Can’t wait to update y’all tomorrow with more pics and results on actual light output. They match the daytime runnings though which is amazing
To show performance, you should park approximately 20' from a flat and level wall/surface and take pictures of the resulting output (see OP). Unless of course you place higher value on how your car looks to other people than the actual lighting performance. ;)

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To show performance, you should park approximately 20' from a flat and level wall/surface and take pictures of the resulting output (see OP). Unless of course you place higher value on how your car looks to other people than the actual lighting performance. ;)
I plan to this was just in my garage and it’s sunny as hell today. I’m literally just waiting for it to be dark

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just watched your night drive (thx btw! it actually looks good for a drop in LED) and it looks fairly blue. Is it more white in person?
Definitely more white in person. I would honestly say it is a straight white in person, no blueing of any kind.

OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
First Name
SerJorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They look nice, Just know the performance of LEDs is not that great in rain/snow conditions. Also very narrow beam pattern.
The narrow beam pattern is by designed to be that way. Actually helps throw the led light further.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The narrow beam pattern is by designed to be that way. Actually helps throw the led light further.
I don’t even see what the issue is when you’re not shooting a spotlight on everyone and everything. Yes original LED was trash but the stuff coming out as of late like morimoto, supernova, and katana has been spot on. In 5 years we’re gonna be laughing at stuff that isn’t LED unless laser comes to the US

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t even see what the issue is when you’re not shooting a spotlight on everyone and everything. Yes original LED was trash but the stuff coming out as of late like morimoto, supernova, and katana has been spot on. In 5 years we’re gonna be laughing at stuff that isn’t LED unless laser comes to the US
I am indeed ready for a katana morimoto comparison

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am indeed ready for a katana morimoto comparison
Wall compare or road compare? I can start digging though amazon, surprisingly finding a flat wall has been impossible for me lol

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wall compare or road compare? I can start digging though amazon, surprisingly finding a flat wall has been impossible for me lol
Road..I don't care how it looks on a wall just don't want worse throw than my zxe halogens

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Road..I don't care how it looks on a wall just don't want worse throw than my zxe halogens
Katana (not my image)
Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS Road

Morimoto (not my image)
Honda Civic 10th gen Just Installed New Moritomoto 2stroke 2.0 LEDS maxresdefault

From everything I’ve found katana is a little brighter but appears a bit blue, while morimoto has a slightly better beam pattern and is a true white.

I didn’t use pics cuz I’m in a metro so finding a dark road takes effort lol

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Katana (not my image)

From everything I’ve found katana is a little brighter but appears a bit blue, while morimoto has a slightly better beam pattern and is a true white.

I didn’t use pics cuz I’m in a metro so finding a dark road takes effort lol
Hmmm interesting seems halogens might be better still if those are from a civic
Sponsored