Just how strong is lane assist/etc correction supposed to be?

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
I view these technologies as more of a gentle assist that can help when you're driving tired. They can help prevent an accident, but are in now way meant to drive the car without the user being in control.
Very true.

I also find that they allow you to spend more time on just watching other traffic around you.

Like with LKAS on you don't really have to pay 100% attention to how your steering etc. You do some of the, the car some. And overall you can spend more time looking at mirrors and keeping check on what's around you, rather then having to pay full attention to what's in front of you and where your steering.
Sponsored

cka_agent86

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Just how strong a force is the lane assist supposed to be? I remember reading people saying they didn’t like it because they felt like it was fighting them, but on mine I can hardly feel it. Also, when going on curves it sure seems like it has a hard time tracking. 2019 Hatch EX if it matters. Same for the warning when you go out of the lane, it it even does anything at all.

Is this a measurable thing so I know if I should talk to the dealer or not?
Your not wrong as I have the same issue with my 2019 civic lx. When I first got it the steering assist was strong along with lane mitigation and now it's weak and the dealer says the same thing that nothing is wrong but never really check it out just drive it. I have a feeling they just try very hard to not fix things under warranty

cka_agent86

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Just how strong a force is the lane assist supposed to be? I remember reading people saying they didn’t like it because they felt like it was fighting them, but on mine I can hardly feel it. Also, when going on curves it sure seems like it has a hard time tracking. 2019 Hatch EX if it matters. Same for the warning when you go out of the lane, it it even does anything at all.

Is this a measurable thing so I know if I should talk to the dealer or not?
I know exactly what you're talking about as mine used to be strong and worked perfectly but now it's very weak as if the motor that steers the car is failing. I've taken in too 2 different dealers and it's as I've they can't be bothered unless it fails completely. Same with this new fuel pump recall that just came out. I called the dealer and they said only if it fails yet that's not what the recall says. So what is the problem with Honda dealers not wanting to fix anything

Helidan

First Name
Deiniol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic 10g Sport Plus CVT
Country flag
I tested mine for the first time last week, I quite liked it. The force wasn't especially strong but you could definitely feel it. The system did a good job of keeping the car right in the middle of the lane and coped well with moderate curves. Combined with the adaptive cruise it made for a very pleasant journey.

casper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I really like the LKAS in this car. But I only use it for long drives on well-marked interstate. As soon as construction marks start popping up I turn it off, because it gets fooled by old lane markings, etc. and can give you some surprises that make dealing with traffic more stressful.

Like others said, it can handle most highway curves but is still gentle enough to not scare you when it corrects.

I treat it as a fatigue-reducer, still drive like I normally do, but can focus more on non-steering stuff.
Sponsored