First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got peer pressured into it, broke my promise to keep it stock, but hey, its not like an actual pipe or anything right?

Im so pumped, need to know some stuff, hopefully it isnt all in the ktuner manual

anyways...

-Can the clutch even handle stage one tune? bone stock otherwise. k&n filter stock imo
-Can I use mac for the v1.2? I have a hacked iphone with ktuner app (hence the 1.2 purchase) and can control stuff the app would control via the stock head unit, but for initial setup is windows OS mandatory?
-we used to (on opensource evo software) map knock count to flash the SES light...slow was 3 counts 6+ was fast flash. Whats the way to indicate knock?
-stock boost gauge able to register >19psi? or is it AEM time (i am getting AFR guage anyways)
-anything cool you can do with hondahack?
-my evo had map switching to the cruise, but can it be set to anything?
-i hear rumors of people grenading motors...im on 93 octane always and can imagine why a stage one tune would throw a rod unless they put an intake on and didn't have it tuned on a dyno
-do you just spin through 1st and second?
-Can it make my car fly?

Can't wait for the darn thing! its srsly like an "upgrade to Sti via obdII" mod.
Sponsored

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Got peer pressured into it, broke my promise to keep it stock, but hey, its not like an actual pipe or anything right?

Im so pumped, need to know some stuff, hopefully it isnt all in the ktuner manual

anyways...

-Can the clutch even handle stage one tune? bone stock otherwise. k&n filter stock imo
-Can I use mac for the v1.2? I have a hacked iphone with ktuner app (hence the 1.2 purchase) and can control stuff the app would control via the stock head unit, but for initial setup is windows OS mandatory?
-we used to (on opensource evo software) map knock count to flash the SES light...slow was 3 counts 6+ was fast flash. Whats the way to indicate knock?
-stock boost gauge able to register >19psi? or is it AEM time (i am getting AFR guage anyways)
-anything cool you can do with hondahack?
-my evo had map switching to the cruise, but can it be set to anything?
-i hear rumors of people grenading motors...im on 93 octane always and can imagine why a stage one tune would throw a rod unless they put an intake on and didn't have it tuned on a dyno
-do you just spin through 1st and second?
-Can it make my car fly?

Can't wait for the darn thing! its srsly like an "upgrade to Sti via obdII" mod.
Hello

Contact MAP regarding questions with their tune.

Outlined on the Downloads page are required computer specs. Windows can be run on Macs.

The CEL already flashes when actual knock is detected. Knock count is not what to watch on this platform, knock control is. See other threads.

You said you'll be using the app for data.

Run the TunerView Lite app on the head unit.

There's info on map switching in the online help. I believe MAP's tunes are locked so you can't adjust this, so you'll need to start with a starter map to use it unless they set it up already. That'd be a question for them

Nobody is grenading engines on our tunes.

There's advanced VSA to aid with traction.

Nope.

OP
OP
consensual_induction

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello

Contact MAP regarding questions with their tune.

Outlined on the Downloads page are required computer specs. Windows can be run on Macs.

The CEL already flashes when actual knock is detected. Knock count is not what to watch on this platform, knock control is. See other threads.

You said you'll be using the app for data.

Run the TunerView Lite app on the head unit.

There's info on map switching in the online help. I believe MAP's tunes are locked so you can't adjust this, so you'll need to start with a starter map to use it unless they set it up already. That'd be a question for them

Nobody is grenading engines on our tunes.

There's advanced VSA to aid with traction.

Nope.
Ty, I think I’ll get the tsp. Can’t hurt to at worst have a choice right?

Should I wait till the ktuner gets here, or are y’all pretty good about emails (if it gets here Friday I don’t wanna wait till Monday haha...impatient)

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag

Should I wait till the ktuner gets here, or are y’all pretty good about emails (if it gets here Friday I don’t wanna wait till Monday haha...impatient)
You will have to wait to order the TSP tune. You need to send your KTuner serial number to them when you check out. You are going to love it. It is awesome!

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

TSP is also not KTuner, so you'd want to contact them directly as well.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i hear rumors of people grenading motors...im on 93 octane always and can imagine why a stage one tune would throw a rod unless they put an intake on and didn't have it tuned on a dyno
The engines that have had issues have some pretty long threads worth reading. Some of them were based on anti-lag usage. Most based on some modification of the basemaps by the end user that turned out badly for the car. Adding an intake to any basemap or reflash should not add any risk, other than hydro lock if you're in an area with frequent drainage issues when it rains and you pick a CAI.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Those "I blew my engine" topic titles are scary to those of us running tunes. But, read past the sensational headlines and virtually every incidence turns out to be some sort of user abuse.

OP
OP
consensual_induction

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TSP is also not KTuner, so you'd want to contact them directly as well.
I was under the impression I could order their stage one tune for ktuner v1.2, and they’d email it to me once I have my ktuner serial info. What do you mean exactly?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I was under the impression I could order their stage one tune for ktuner v1.2, and they’d email it to me once I have my ktuner serial info. What do you mean exactly?
At the time you place your order from TSP, they'll need your KTuner unit's serial number. Then they usually send the file to you later that same day.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yeah you can do that. They wont send your tune until you answer their email with the serial #. but you can certainly go ahead and purchase the tune

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
OP
OP
consensual_induction

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pretty sure he thought you were under the impression Ktuner was TSP. Either way if you are going to order the tune this is the link for it

https://twostepperformance.com/two-step-performance-tsp-stage-1-tune-for-2017-2019-honda-civic-si/
I probably misspoke- I understand ktuner is a device that tuners can provide ecu maps for.

Once it gets here I’ll try MAP, then make a thread comparing with TPS. Might as well help the community if I’m gonna do both!

Ty all for the help

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
You asked me,
You wouldn't be emailing us for a TSP tune, as Two Step Performace (TSP) is a completely different company than KTuner. You'd need to reach out to them directly regarding their tune and support.

OP
OP
consensual_induction

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You asked me,

You wouldn't be emailing us for a TSP tune, as Two Step Performace (TSP) is a completely different company than KTuner. You'd need to reach out to them directly regarding their tune and support.
ah ah ah i see the problem- I thought I was posting in a tsp thread

ive been dealing with MAP and TSP directly.

Can't wait for your product! I never got the cobb ap for sti, but this seems more impactful anyways. Ill be sure to enjoy the base ktuner flash before trying the third party afr's/curves :)

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
If you enjoy the car now you'll definitely be having a blast in no time!
Sponsored