J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
if it's anything like my old ninja's sequential signal, just a matter of pressing a button or flipping a dip switch in the light itself.

Would like to see the morimotos compared with the J's Racing if there are any differences. A guy in the type r group I'm a part of was rather disappointed in the output of the J's Racing lights and sold them the same week.
Yeah trs has no output shots which leads me to question the quality. Never had any complaints with morimoto products in the past though so I hope they wouldn't put their name on it if it is garbage.
Sponsored

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
if it's anything like my old ninja's sequential signal, just a matter of pressing a button or flipping a dip switch in the light itself.

Would like to see the morimotos compared with the J's Racing if there are any differences. A guy in the type r group I'm a part of was rather disappointed in the output of the J's Racing lights and sold them the same week.
I don’t understand why someone would buy this to begin with as the stock lights look amazing at night and perform really well

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Yeah trs has no output shots which leads me to question the quality. Never had any complaints with morimoto products in the past though so I hope they wouldn't put their name on it if it is garbage.
That's the 1st thing I noticed is the absence of output shots. Considering TRS will tell you that its vital to spend hundreds of dollars to get that amazing output, not having anything is kind of a red flag. The description does say the output produces a well defined beam pattern with a great amount of width, intensity, and a proper distribution of light.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I don’t understand why someone would buy this to begin with as the stock lights look amazing at night and perform really well
Which stock lights are you referring to? The stock halogen projectors are at best adequate but cant compare to a retrofit or even a pnp kit. I can't speak on the OEM led headlights but I heard it has good upfront lighting but no distance

akadic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold) CTR 1722
Country flag
Which stock lights are you referring to? The stock halogen projectors are at best adequate but cant compare to a retrofit or even a pnp kit. I can't speak on the OEM led headlights but I heard it has good upfront lighting but no distance
Since this is in the FK8 section of the forum, I am referring to the FK8 lights.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Eh, the stock led output leaves something to be desired. A reflector type LED can only do so much.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
I've got people at least once a week flashing their brights at me because they think I am running around with my brights on when I'm not.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
i noticed that they are eye searing when you got a civic with leds coming at you at night.
the caddy escalades are very bad also.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I've got people at least once a week flashing their brights at me because they think I am running around with my brights on when I'm not.
That's because you have your lights pointed too high. Your hotspot should be lower than the height of you headlights at all times

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
That's because you have your lights pointed too high. Your hotspot should be lower than the height of you headlights at all times
The headlamps themselves just put out excessive glare even if properly aligned. Hell, it is the reason the IIHS rated them poorly on its test.

I put a set onto my car, and the glare was one of the first things I noticed after aligning and looking at them.

Last edited:

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
The headlamps themselves just put out excessive glare even if properly aligned. Hell, it is the reason the IIHS rated them poorly on its test.

I put a set onto my car, and the glare was one of the first things I noticed after aligning and looking at them.
That's odd then. I was thinking of adding the touring lights to my wifes sedan but I'm against the excessive glare.
Sponsored