J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
@mofoD @Tim818 Are both of yours working correctly for all functions on both sides?
The only issue i have is the passenger headlight doesnt aim higher, i think the mechanism is broken but all lights work properly even DRL when headlight is on.

I was able to aim driver side higher which overlapped the lower aimed passenger light and got more vision. Solid cut off line.

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights A66645B0-6F05-41B2-A022-AFD817CD2511

Honda Civic 10th gen J's Racing FK8 LED Headlights 5F732E53-2BA3-44BD-A22B-CF486F131EF9

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Mine are in. Straight out of the box they're aimed right into the ground, so luckily I didn't have any issue with having tons of play in the adjustment knob to able to raise them to the correct level.

Initial thoughts. Overall verdict = win.

Aesthetic is mindblowing, and that's what you're paying for. Every head turns to look at the car. There's no other aesthetic mod you could do that could elicit this type of response, and it's entirely positive.

Aesthetic
DRL and the low/high projectors are a bit warmer than stock DRL. I prefer this as stock DRL is actually a smidge too cool, in my opinion. The aesthetic of the DRL itself is solid and consistently bright throughout the strip, i.e. better than stock DRL where only a single LED diffuses down and fades away to nothing at the bottom of the headlight.

Amber LED are a great colour and sufficiently bright. Not as bright as OEM LED turn signal, but pretty much nothing on the planet is. Gonna take this to a couple stealerships next week and hopefully they're interested enough to let me light it up next to an LED car so I can compare. Sequential signal looks cool, but might actually be a bit too flashy for me given how unexpectedly bright the amber LED is. Non-sequential will still look cool and look much more OEM.

Output
It's not stellar, entirely due to lack of width. If an RX350 HID bixenon retrofit is a 10, output here is about a 7. On this scale, OEM LED output is a 6.5, drop-in LED Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0 or HID are a 6, and stock halogen are a 3. There's less width in these Coplus lights than the factory halogen projector, which is disappointing, but the distribution of light within the beam pattern is much better than either HID or LED drop-in because there's much less foreground light which translates to greater distance vision. Cutoff is crisper than the stock halogen projector, but that's not really a factor in how I rank them. High beam is a bit focused but solid - equally effective to stock halogen. I don't know how good OEM LED high beam is, I need to drive one in the dark. Probably comparable.

Overall, for my usage case, the aesthetic is enough to overcome the output. If not for the relatively good performing high beam, the output would be poor enough that anyone doing a lot of late night highway driving might want to reconsider.

What needs to happen is the LED/signal board from these needs to be sold separately and put into solid HID retros. That'd be sick.

Last edited:

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue '18 Si Coupe (Toy), White Orchid Pearl '16 Accord Touring V6 Coupe (Daily)
Country flag
great write up. accurate on all levels.

im about to call TRS to get a replacement for the passenger headlight since it doesnt aim at all. so unfortunately i have two headlights aimed to the ground and i cant see anything past 5 feet. for the price i think the output is poor. but the aesthetics makes up for it all. but damn that poor output due to aiming issue is annoying me like no other.

63blackseries

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
It's to bad they didn't focus on making the light output amazing or these headlights would be the best out there, but i am still going to buy them just cause what you guys said "neck breaker" haha, i wonder if they would be as bright as tesla or Mercedes headlight when i am next to one they seem bright as hell or its all forground.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
IIRC Tesla headlights don't perform particularly well. These Coplus lights will not perform as well as any HID projector, or newer OEM LED car (aside from ours which aren't that good)

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was driving next to a Model X and it was actually quite sad how bad those headlights performed. It’s actually quite similar to the Touring’s.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's to bad they didn't focus on making the light output amazing or these headlights would be the best out there, but i am still going to buy them just cause what you guys said "neck breaker" haha, i wonder if they would be as bright as tesla or Mercedes headlight when i am next to one they seem bright as hell or its all forground.
ohhh it breaks necks!

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
The sequential in particular is shattering vertebrae. People do double takes and you can see the "what the actual fuck" look in their eyes.

mofoD

First Name
D$
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The sequential in particular is shattering vertebrae. People do double takes and you can see the "what the actual fuck" look in their eyes.
LOL yes! this is true
Sponsored