amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I've had my Ktuner for a week now, and still on the Ktuner tune. For whatever reason, I cannot load my TSP1 onto my Ktuner software. Got an email into Corey @ TSP, hopefully we will get it resolved. Car is a blast on the Ktuner map 19.5/21.5, runs like a scalded dog. Can't wait to try out TSP1,,, if I can ever load it....
It's actually easy. In the Ktuner software just go to file, Open tune-->than navigate to where you have the filed saved on your computer. Next click on the Upload Base Code button and follow the prompts. Make sure that you are in accessory mode when you do this, and make sure you read and follow the prompts at the end after the map is uploaded
Sponsored

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Add me to the KTuner list! Just picked a v2 today. Spent the rest of the day with my better half in T.O. I’ll be locking and loading tomorrow bright and early.

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Ok, wow...colour me impressed! Other than have a few minor glitches getting the v2 connected to my computer, install went well and was easy. I loaded the Dual/Factory/19.5 and made some adjustments before downloading to the the v2.

Rev Hang disabled
BBG - 5 - Factory, 6 - Factory all others I left default for right now. I know how to use my right foot...lol.
Map 1 - Factory responsiveness Factory Boost - Sport mode - 19.5psi
Map 2 - Enhanced responsiveness I, Factory Boost - Sport mode - 21.5psi
Map 3 - Enhanced responsiveness II, 19.5psi - Sport mode - 23psi

Road conditions - damp (from frost), Temp 3*C
Winter tires still on...changing this afternoon.

Map 1 - normal mode - this is how Honda should have tuned the car. It is so smooth but responsive. Sport mode - wow, boost build quick, hit 20psi.
Map 2 - Sport mode - wow, wow...tires spinning from a 60kph roll in 3rd. Saw 22psi. Shift at redline with rev hang gone - priceless!
Map 3 - Normal mode - wow, wow, wow engine is really alive! Sport mode - it's a beast! tires spinning in 3rd and 4th. Even spun from a 80kph roll in 4th!

I'm really liking the setup as it stands. I may tweak it a bit when the warmer weather hits (or not). Thanks for the info sharing guys, it made the whole process easy! I know I'm tuned conservative but that's ok. I want this car to last.
K cont sitting at 0.49/0.50 after driving for 20mins.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Ok, wow...colour me impressed! Other than have a few minor glitches getting the v2 connected to my computer, install went well and was easy. I loaded the Dual/Factory/19.5 and made some adjustments before downloading to the the v2.

Rev Hang disabled
BBG - 5 - Factory, 6 - Factory all others I left default for right now. I know how to use my right foot...lol.

Map 1 - normal mode - this is how Honda should have tuned the car. It is so smooth but responsive. Sport mode - wow, boost build quick, hit 20psi.
Map 2 - Sport mode - wow, wow...tires spinning from a 60kph roll in 3rd. Saw 22psi. Shift at redline with rev hang gone - priceless!
Map 3 - Normal mode - wow, wow, wow engine is really alive! Sport mode - it's a beast! tires spinning in 3rd and 4th. Even spun from a 80kph roll in 4th!

I'm really liking the setup as it stands. I may tweak it a bit when the warmer weather hits (or not). Thanks for the info sharing guys, it made the whole process easy! I know I'm tuned conservative but that's ok. I want this car to last.
The tire spins at pretty substantial speeds are what continue to get me. I think it's understood that the stock tires leave some to be desired but man, hearing the whizz while doing 40mph is pretty incredible.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Rev Hang disabled

Glad you are enjoying your Ktuner! I keep it mostly Map 1, I only use map 2 if I need some extra oomph. I was always wondering why people complained about the stock tires...they spin a lot if you use map 2 or 3, especially if the road conditions are wet. They are fine if using stock or map 1. Anyway, I am happy I discovered Ktuner from this forum!

GerardV

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe (Aegean Blue)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Ktuner arrived last night and I plan on setting it up this coming Saturday. I also have a PRL CAI, downpipe and frontpipe to install, and have been running a Cusco strut bar for a couple of weeks now.

SaintClarence27

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Glad you are enjoying your Ktuner! I keep it mostly Map 1, I only use map 2 if I need some extra oomph. I was always wondering why people complained about the stock tires...they spin a lot if you use map 2 or 3, especially if the road conditions are wet. They are fine if using stock or map 1. Anyway, I am happy I discovered Ktuner from this forum!
Which stock tires, though? The A/S or the Asymmetrical Summers?

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
First run was on my snows, 225/50/19 Blizzak WS80. This afternoon the A/S stock Goodyears...Map 3 (Sport) spun in 3rd gear from a roll at 3000rpm! I'd rather the tires spin than the clutch slip. Still cool weather though, 6*C, they hook up better when it is warm.

@amirza786 , ya Map 1 and 2 are good for me. I can't believe the gains just on "Factory Boost Levels". @KTuner did an amazing job! Map 3 is insane, I love it! Totally transformers the car, just as @gtman said it would!

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
Country flag
this thread def made me buy one. no regrets. glad I did.

so much fun in map 3
How is your clutch holding up? I've been running mine on Map 2 because I'm afraid the clutch will burn out

SaintClarence27

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The Goodyear AS
That's what I have right now (Hoping to get the cash to change that and change rims), but everyone is so down on these tires. Sure, they're not spectacular, but they don't seem as awful as this forum makes them out to be - for all seasons. Of course you can't compare them to summers.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That's what I have right now (Hoping to get the cash to change that and change rims), but everyone is so down on these tires. Sure, they're not spectacular, but they don't seem as awful as this forum makes them out to be - for all seasons. Of course you can't compare them to summers.
They work fine for me. Not as good as the BFgoodrich tires on my Camry and Sienna, but they do the job

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BTW, I want to give 2 thumbs way up to Corey at TSP. He was very patient with me and explained every step I needed help with (I'm 68 years old). Thanks TSP, you made this old hot rodder very happy!
You mean you are 68 years young! The glass should always be half full. Glad Ktuner is working for you. It should keep you and your car active

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
My understanding of warranty and ktuner is not a "grey" area, totally black -- meaning is something happens to the driveline of the vehicle you'd be liable for the damages Don't think you can conceal the ktuner use even if you flash back to stock there would be a trail.
Sponsored