Jerk after sudden braking

ccueto36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2016
I got 1500 miles on my EX-T 2016 by now, and this has been happening ever since I got it. After sudden hard braking, like stopping for a yellow light turning red for example, after the car reaches the 0 mph point it jerks forward, seems to be the CVT. Does that happen to anybody else? Is it normal?
Sponsored

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I got 1500 miles on my EX-T 2016 by now, and this has been happening ever since I got it. After sudden hard braking, like stopping for a yellow light turning red for example, after the car reaches the 0 mph point it jerks forward, seems to be the CVT. Does that happen to anybody else? Is it normal?
lmao yeah man it's the CVT. i hate it so much because it looks like i cant break because it jerks sooo hard, i found the solution already though.. pop that sucker into neutral when your about to do a hard break and the jerking is gone. (just remember to put it back into drive so you don't rev and stop traffic haha)

Monsur313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic
Yeah I got about 12k on my 2016 civic ex now and I feel that jark mainly on stop and go traffic and stop i stop on red lights. I was worried about it because a new car shouldn't do that no matter wht type of trasmission it is, Good thing the Civic has 60k power train warrenty im going to get checked out by honda when i get my next oil change and see what they have to say about this.

OP
OP

ccueto36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T 2016
Yeah I find this unacceptable for a brand new car, It's the only thing that has been bothering the hell out of me. I see now why CVT's have such bad reputation.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I made a thread about how jerky and shuddery this transmission is back in January.

As of now my dealer is calling this normal.
They can't find a problem and it's not throwing any codes. Called corporate many times and they said I did the right thing by reporting it and I have to give it time.

My advice is whoever is having this issue document it with corporate. If they get enough complaints the have to look into it.
Hopefully they can figure it out and gives us a software issue because this doesn't seem mechanical to me.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Happened to me for the first time today and scared the crap out of me. Funny thing was it wasn't really hard braking.

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
This happens to me pretty regularly and it's one of the few things about this car that really annoy me. At times, it feels like the car is going to stall itself or something of the like. You can feel it under even light breaking as you hit ~4mph. Really not pleasant at all. Funny thing is, it doesn't always happen, and seems to be better right after you disconnect the battery for a bit. Makes me think it may be software related but, who knows.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I kinda get something similar, but it feels more like the brakes releasing and the car going slightly forward after the hard stop. I figured it was the abs or something.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just had this happen to me today when I had to brake hard because the light changed at the last second.

kalvin126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Yea this has happened to me since owning the car. Hondata seems to have toned it down a little? I just lightly apply throttle to lessen the jerk nowadays though.
Sponsored