Jean and butt imprints in leather

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
Hey guys and gals, i had a question about the leather. I have only had the car for about a month, conditioned the leather and vinyl. I notice that there are butt imprints and Jean imprints from the Jean pockets. Is that normal? Also will it eventually damage the leather and tear. Thanks guys i appreciate it!
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Yes, it's normal, yes it'll rip/tear at some point in the future, and no, there's not much you can do about it.

It's a seat. You sit on it, you fart on it, and depending on the person, you may even shart on it. You'll spill shit on it at some point, and if you're under 30, will probably get vomit on it.

It's left in the cold, then in the heat, and the cold, the heat, repeatedly.

Plus, it's shitty leather.

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
Yes, it's normal, yes it'll rip/tear at some point in the future, and no, there's not much you can do about it.

It's a seat. You sit on it, you fart on it, and depending on the person, you may even shart on it. You'll spill shit on it at some point, and if you're under 30, will probably get vomit on it.

Dang, that reallyreally stinks, thank you for the reply

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring

My leather seats on my 2010 Civic EX-L looked showroom new when I traded it in for my 2016 Touring. I believe my leather seats will be just as durable. It's all how you take care of your car!

OP
OP
Calicoasta06

Calicoasta06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 accord exl
My leather seats on my 2010 Civic EX-L looked showroom new when I traded it in for my 2016 Touring. I believe my leather seats will be just as durable. It's all how you take care of your car!
Yeah, I take really good care of the seats. Clean and condition them. I don't slide on the seat or anything when I get in and I only weigh 125.

Schatzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Yeah, I take really good care of the seats. Clean and condition them. I don't slide on the seat or anything when I get in and I only weigh 125.
The best you can do and many will say live and let live, but not me is to cover your driver's seat. Ever since I started driving, I covered my driver's seat (since my first new car in 1983). Since it gets the most wear as I have it valet parked for work, I cover it with an expensive custom fitted car seat. It is very attractive and keeps my seat like new!

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't wear jeans since a few years to avoid damage to the seats, I noticed a huge difference in the wear of the materials compared to soft cotton trousers, experienced on many cars, both on leather and fabric.
Sponsored