JDM Thailand RS Grill Install

jhusome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Just got my grill installed. Thanks for all the posts. Ended up having local Honda dealer do the install, as I tried and was afraid of breaking the clips. This is the low end LX version, wheels were $500, window tint 250, and grille cost about 250. Under 19k for car and options. Not too bad for such a nice looking car.

Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Thailand   RS Grill Install IMG_8375
Sponsored

Joe4short

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Time to answer some questions: 1) Yes, the rs grille will fit the coupe. 2) The installation cost from the dealership was $120 CDN (an hour of labour) 3) This kit is only the chrome replacement, not the entire grill.

Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Thailand   RS Grill Install 20160705_181831_zpsn39ihidb

Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Thailand   RS Grill Install 20160705_181820_zpsf9uhcww4
Hey I was just wondering, if you had the whole bumper off already. Why not just paint the whole thing including the off black part??

Btw your car looks awesome!

idk if you knew about either of these but would you consider installing these??

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Honda-Civic-Sedan-LED-Daytime-Running-Lights-p/70-817.htm

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/High-Power-Projector-Fog-Lamps-with-LED-Halo-Rings-p/60-076a.htm

I'm thinking about installing it on mine lol

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
So I'm installing my new grill right now. I have all of the clips removed, but do you really have to remove the side markers?

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I'm installing my new grill right now. I have all of the clips removed, but do you really have to remove the side markers?
Yes you do. If I remember correctly, there there are clips in that area. I think you'd risk cracking the bumper if you were to force it with thto side markers installed. It's piece of cake to remove though..

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Yes you do. If I remember correctly, there there are clips in that area. I think you'd risk cracking the bumper if you were to force it with thto side markers installed. It's piece of cake to remove though..
There's so much shit to remove. This is a huge pain in the ass. But I'm halfway there. I have all of the tabs removed and the edge of the chrome grill popped out. I'm looking at these diagrams to see how to do this, but there's way more bolts under there than it says there is.

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There's so much shit to remove. This is a huge pain in the ass. But I'm halfway there. I have all of the tabs removed and the edge of the chrome grill popped out. I'm looking at these diagrams to see how to do this, but there's way more bolts under there than it says there is.
Theres a lot of clips that are holding the bumper in place more than the install shows you. You're almost there bud. Keep it going.

jhusome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Sorry. That is a dead link. See image below. I think it is the correct one for the 16 civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Thailand   RS Grill Install bumper removal

PenguinMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan, CosBlu
I just want to change out my grill (below), but I want to make sure I understand what I have to do here. I can just use OP's method and take off the clips/bolts securing the grill and top part of the bumper, and the grill should magically slide out. I don't have to deal with all the bolts/clips on the bottom of the bumper...right?

Honda Civic 10th gen JDM Thailand   RS Grill Install IMG_20161215_163733

Last edited:

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's correct, it takes magic and elbow grease.
I just want to change out my grill (below), but I want to make sure I understand what I have to do here. I can just use OP's method and take off the clips/bolts securing the grill and top part of the bumper, and the grill should magically slide out. I don't have to deal with all the bolts/clips on the bottom of the bumper...right?

IMG_20161215_163733.jpg

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX

IMG_20161215_163733.jpg
I honestly think removing the whole bumper will make it easier, the grill itself is the hardest part to remove on the front end. Really if you undo the push tabs on the bottom, pop out the side markers, and then pop the taps connecting the bumper to the chassis, it's off. Then you can easily access the grill. I would be interested in seeing the grill removed without taking off the bumper though, I didn't know it was possible.

Zach92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ex-t coupe 6Speed
Just got my grill installed. Thanks for all the posts. Ended up having local Honda dealer do the install, as I tried and was afraid of breaking the clips. This is the low end LX version, wheels were $500, window tint 250, and grille cost about 250. Under 19k for car and options. Not too bad for such a nice looking car.

IMG_8375.jpg
grill was $250 + install or all together?

MishFC1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda 1.5T MT
The grille sounds a little pricey for what it is. I think it might be cheaper to actually have a local paint shop tint all the chrome pieces. I've been thinking about doing that instead since I hate all the chrome. I'll ask some local shops for pricing and let you guys know...

KKrewCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
So this grill will work for the LX 4 door? Also, it seems getting an additional emblem is necessary for the install.
Please advise. I have a white LX and tried plastidipping the chrome but when I went to peel it off, the imperfections showed.
Sponsored