Austype R

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r
Country flag
So happy to see a good review or at least tentative acceptance of the JB4. There was a thread, since deleted, some time back and it got super negative. I wanted to order one, but didn’t because of that thread. Watching this thread now.
yeah ktuner guys have been real negative. I would only now consider Hondata if you were to flash due to traction control or jb4 if you want to keep warranty. motec is also good I hear but very expensive.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
yeah ktuner guys have been real negative. I would only now consider Hondata if you were to flash due to traction control or jb4 if you want to keep warranty. motec is also good I hear but very expensive.
Ktuner nut swingers are negative about anything besides Ktuner.

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
I have a jb4 in my X5 N55.
It's not going in my Type R. To easy for the dealership to see that the boost pressure was increased by looking at other variables. when boost changes, AFR changes, fuel needs change, timing, knock, etc. Though on the other hand, I would love more power, but that's what my evo is for. I don't want to make the Type r any less civilized than it already is. The EVO is like driving a dump truck - a very fast one.

Austype R

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r
Country flag
I have a jb4 in my X5 N55.
It's not going in my Type R. To easy for the dealership to see that the boost pressure was increased by looking at other variables. when boost changes, AFR changes, fuel needs change, timing, knock, etc. Though on the other hand, I would love more power, but that's what my evo is for. I don't want to make the Type r any less civilized than it already is. The EVO is like driving a dump truck - a very fast one.
I'm not sure about that really. I remember people used to say on the golf R forums that they can see parameters but as far as I know not one person has had a warranty claim denied from a jb4. however it would be interesting if any Honda technicians can chime in on this.

Austype R

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r
Country flag
Got it but no time to really drive it. A quick test drive did bring a smile to my face.

PhotoCollage_20190621_225650025.jpg

PhotoCollage_20190621_225534187.jpg
Well done. What did you think? I’m running map 2 now. I think you can definitely feel a big difference from stock and power delivery seems smooth.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Only had time for a quick drive yesterday. I did try map 2 but it scared the shit out of me. It's almost as if at about 3500 rpm boost instantly kicked in so I lifted off. It was a pretty solid kick in the ass. I wanted to get some more feedback before trying map 2 again. I'll be testing map 1 later today and cleaning up my installation.

Well done. What did you think? I’m running map 2 now. I think you can definitely feel a big difference from stock and power delivery seems smooth.

stuffle69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 focus st , 2019 civic type r
Country flag
What kind of boost pressure are you guy's getting with larger intercooler? most i get is 22 lbs on map 2

Austype R

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r
Country flag
Only had time for a quick drive yesterday. I did try map 2 but it scared the shit out of me. It's almost as if at about 3500 rpm boost instantly kicked in so I lifted off. It was a pretty solid kick in the ass. I wanted to get some more feedback before trying map 2 again. I'll be testing map 1 later today and cleaning up my installation.
Haha yeah overtaking is a lot more fun now.

Austype R

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r
Country flag
What kind of boost pressure are you guy's getting with larger intercooler? most i get is 22 lbs on map 2
On stock intercooler I’m hitting high 24’s. and it’s cold here at the moment. But I have never had it flat out on a track. Just quick pulls on the highway or overtaking a few cars etc.

Austype R

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8 type r
Country flag
I feel like with the jb4 the type R feels faster than both my focus rs and golf r from say 50 to 120 and they were both tuned. It’s obviously not as good from a launch. But in reality I never launch my vehicles anyway. It’s the overtaking / rolls where the type r really shines and kills everything on the corners.

stuffle69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 focus st , 2019 civic type r
Country flag
On stock intercooler I’m hitting high 24’s. and it’s cold here at the moment. But I have never had it flat out on a track. Just quick pulls on the highway or overtaking a few cars etc.
Was getting 23 before had intercooler and jb4 installed but it does feel faster for sure thinking because have more air to move now but not sure why boost is little lower.
Sponsored