JB4 PiggyBack Tune on Civic Type R

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
It is not as it was released not too long ago. Give it time you will see.
Lol okay.
Fuel system issues, rpm headroom issues.

Will cost thousands more to make the Type R as fast.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Lol okay.

Lol okay.

valvetrain reinforcement, machining is no different than any other kseries engine, there will be other affordable fuel upgrades. Dont center yourself on what's available or announced now. As of now the The Type r can rev up to 7800 rpms with supporting mods, Last year seemed impossible, time will tell.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
valvetrain reinforcement, machining is no different than any other kseries engine, there will be other affordable fuel upgrades. Dont center yourself on what's available or announced now. As of now the The Type r can rev up to 7800 rpms with supporting mods, Last year seemed impossible, time will tell.
I think we're talking about different things here.
You can make anything fast with enough effort and money. But the FK8 isn't suited to big HP for affordable cost.
The older NA Kseries engines don't need valvetrain work to spin, the K20C1 will valve float at a measley 7300rpm.

You can put a GTI into 120mph+ territory for less than $3000 in mods. Stock fuel system, stock unopened engine. Evos need traditional port injector and pump upgrade, but rev to 7800 unopened, and are still much more economical to throw power to compared to a CTR.

The FK8 is a handling car and track star, but a big horespower drag racer is crazy cost prohibitive. It's like trying to hammer in a nail with a pair of scissors. Sure you can, but should you? lol

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The K20c1 is only 4 years old. Don’t expect performance parts prices to drop down. Most of them were newly released. Is not a fair comparison. I meant to say that older kseries for big power needed valvetrain. If you want to speak about an affordable car to beat that gti you can grab a Mitsubishi Mirage Old Gen and stick a v6 on it and you spend half of what you spend on the gti. Again not a fair comparison.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The K20c1 is only 4 years old. Don’t expect performance parts prices to drop down. Most of them were newly released. Is not a fair comparison. I meant to say that older kseries for big power needed valvetrain. If you want to speak about an affordable car to beat that gti you can grab a Mitsubishi Mirage Old Gen and stick a v6 on it and you spend half of what you spend on the gti. Again not a fair comparison.
lulz. You do you, bud.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Should have kept your evo x
I miss the X on paper, but not really in execution. It's utility was next to zero with that tiny trunk, and a hatch is so useful for my line of work. I hope Mitsubishi will build a good Evo XI with a manual transmission option. The FK8 is a great car stock, and I'm an old man, so big modifications don't appeal to me really anymore. I've had zero issues with it in over a year of ownership, with no intentions of doing anything more than minor mods. Right now, it's stock with wheels and audio mods only.

Honestly, I might not even install the JB4, just not sure I need it for my daily driver. BMS was backlogged from being closed two days for Thanksgiving. I ordered the JB4 Saturday night, and they didn't physically ship it until the following Friday night. It should be here early this coming week. I will decide whether to install or not, and would love to hear more driving impressions of the maps from current owners.

Last edited:

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
I miss the X on paper, but not really in execution. It's utility was next to zero with that tiny trunk, and a hatch is so useful for my line of work. I hope Mitsubishi will build a good Evo XI with a manual transmission option. The FK8 is a great car stock, and I'm an old man, so big modifications don't appeal to me really anymore. I've had zero issues with it in over a year of ownership, with no intentions of doing anything more than minor mods. Right now, it's stock with wheels and audio mods only.

Honestly, I might not even install the JB4, just not sure I need it for my daily driver. BMS was backlogged from being closed two days for Thanksgiving. I ordered the JB4 Saturday night, and they didn't physically ship it until the following Friday night. It should be here early this coming week. I will decide whether to install or not, and would love to hear more driving impressions of the maps from current owners.
It’s not a huge difference like a full jailbreak and tune would be. Though after I swapped it back to map 0 from map 1 you can feel the difference in power not much but it’s there. So if you run 91 octane don’t go over map 1 as recommended from bms. If you run 93 you can run map 1 or map 2 without any issues. Map 3 they recommend running e25.

CinciFK19

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
It’s not a huge difference like a full jailbreak and tune would be. Though after I swapped it back to map 0 from map 1 you can feel the difference in power not much but it’s there. So if you run 91 octane don’t go over map 1 as recommended from bms. If you run 93 you can run map 1 or map 2 without any issues. Map 3 they recommend running e25.
Is there much of a difference between map 1 and map 2?

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

If you end up selling it I might be interested.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Is there much of a difference between map 1 and map 2?
Map 2 adds a couple max psi, 2 to 3? it would be a bit more responsive but 93+ gas is recommended. Remember that you are always welcome to submit your logs and ur mod list to Terry for his suggestion, might be able to use some custom map. BTW, Terry is very good in getting back and very willing to help too

IMO, if this is a daily and not track race, JB4 should be good enough. Besides the added power/response, the data log, code reading/clearing, and live gauges on ur mobile are also excellent to have

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Map 2 adds a couple max psi, 2 to 3? it would be a bit more responsive but 93+ gas is recommended. Remember that you are always welcome to submit your logs and ur mod list to Terry for his suggestion, might be able to use some custom map. BTW, Terry is very good in getting back and very willing to help too

IMO, if this is a daily and not track race, JB4 should be good enough. Besides the added power/response, the data log, code reading/clearing, and live gauges on ur mobile are also excellent to have
its actually 4 i believe its 3.5 low rpm and 4.5 high rpm for map 2 and map 1 is 3.5 so 3 on the low and 4 up high. i might be off so dont hold me to it.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Definitely decided not to install this. I’m either going to return it or resell it if they won’t accept a return.
Sponsored