First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I will Dyno my car soon for sure. I just have a few other obligations I need to take care of first :)
Sponsored

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Curious to see how a Jb4 CTR matches with a Ktuner/Hondata CTR mhmhmh

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Curious to see how a Jb4 CTR matches with a Ktuner/Hondata CTR mhmhmh

Ktuner and Hondata are obviously King. However, for what it is, the JB4 is pretty awesome. My experience so far has been great.

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Just curious, but what’re you guys getting boost wise? On map one I’ve rarely ever peaked over 20psi. Though I have an eventuri intake and prl intercooler if that effects it at all.

SilentMonkCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
I personally believe, if you modify the car, be prepared to pay for the consequences when things go wrong. a flash or not.

People always be complaining about dealers who doesn't honor their warranty but say nothing about people who put the car back to "stock" to try go get stuff warrantied. Both are shady acts imo.
Yes but.......Honda Dealers and Honda warranty in general are shady. Like a certified preowned Si with extended warranty and a rusted out sunroof panel. Well they don’t cover that even in the bumper to bumper extension. “Only mechanical. That’ll be $550”. If Honda was fair. I’d agree. However they are widely known to be the worst. It’s fair game.

Im not new to modding Honda’s but I’ve been away for a long time until now. This product is perfect for those that want their warranties intact. What and a smart way to attack tuning without leaving a trace. I’ll be ordering one soon. I figure intake, inlet tube, front pipe, down pipe, custom made exhaust and this will be perfect. If I can see 350/350 or a little more at the wheel. I’ll be super happy. Also a intercooler as well down the line to keep everything cool.

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yes but.......Honda Dealers and Honda warranty in general are shady. Like a certified preowned Si with extended warranty and a rusted out sunroof panel. Well they don’t cover that even in the bumper to bumper extension. “Only mechanical. That’ll be $550”. If Honda was fair. I’d agree. However they are widely known to be the worst. It’s fair game.

Im not new to modding Honda’s but I’ve been away for a long time until now. This product is perfect for those that want their warranties intact. What and a smart way to attack tuning without leaving a trace. I’ll be ordering one soon. I figure intake, inlet tube, front pipe, down pipe, custom made exhaust and this will be perfect. If I can see 350/350 or a little more at the wheel. I’ll be super happy. Also a intercooler as well down the line to keep everything cool.
Is it Honda that is shady, the dealers, or both? I'd put money on the dealers vs Honda. If it truly is a Honda warranty, you should be able to go around to a different dealership for a "second opinion".

SilentMonkCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
Is it Honda that is shady, the dealers, or both? I'd put money on the dealers vs Honda. If it truly is a Honda warranty, you should be able to go around to a different dealership for a "second opinion".
I’m just going off a previous experience. I was sold a car with an extended bumper to bumper certified warranty. Only to be told it doesn’t cover a completely rusted out sunroof panel. Then I also read a story in a FK8 group of Honda trying to say a guys car had a tune, which it never had according to owner, to deny a claim. Shady moves.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I’m just going off a previous experience. I was sold a car with an extended bumper to bumper certified warranty. Only to be told it doesn’t cover a completely rusted out sunroof panel. Then I also read a story in a FK8 group of Honda trying to say a guys car had a tune, which it never had according to owner, to deny a claim. Shady moves.
So your sample size is 2?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Is that really what you think...:doh:
You literally just gave two examples. I've got two examples of them covering stuff on my end, one that they should not have covered (warranty guy said it wasn't covered, but he did it anyways).

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag

Do note you may not hit the 350/350 goal on jb4 with bolt ons, you’d need to go flex fuel and run e85/e40 as well. At the moment the jb4 only increases boost levels.

SilentMonkCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
Do note you may not hit the 350/350 goal on jb4 with bolt ons, you’d need to go flex fuel and run e85/e40 as well. At the moment the jb4 only increases boost levels.
Yup that's what I was told in the group chat. Seems like either way they can tell. So really it seems Hondata is the best way to go.
Sponsored