JB4 PiggyBack Tune on Civic Type R

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Does it capture AFR and Knock?

Map 2, car feels great. I don't beat or abuse my car. I just like the power. So far the JB4 is a great bang for the buck. The app works great changing maps on the fly and gauges to monitor things. Data logging and CEL reading/clearing.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Just cuz it's an option there doesn't mean it actually reads it. Obviously no ign5 or ign6 on your 4 cylinder. For knock you could watch the avg ign and see if it pulls timing but I doubt you can focus on it enough real time you'd have to look at the logs after I'd guess. (Don't own a ctr but had a n54/jb4 for a while)

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
guys, any one here usung OnePlus 6T with the Mobile app? Any issue wirh Android phone?
I've used it with a crappy LG, a Google Pixel, a Galaxy 8, and a Moto X4. No problems on any of them.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Hey, I've officially become a JB4 user!! I've tried Map 1 and Map 2 so far, and since my car is stock, i guess i would just stick with Map 2. The car does seem to be more responsive. And, yes, the unit is super easy to install - amazing!!
Another thing I am playing with right now is to replay the logged data - again - the mobile app makes it super easy and convenient!!

All in all, I love it and I will need to zip tie the wires so they won't be dangling in the engine bay. It seems the best place to put the box is right by the ECU box, and I can't really zip tie it there, any creative way you guys are using have it secured better in there?

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
i have zip tied a couple places and wrap one end of the box with foil paper to prevent any water intrusion. I love this little power mod!!

btw, the "gear" always shows 0 throughout all my logs - is that normal? anyone else able to log their gear?

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
i have zip tied a couple places and wrap one end of the box with foil paper to prevent any water intrusion. I love this little power mod!!

btw, the "gear" always shows 0 throughout all my logs - is that normal? anyone else able to log their gear?
Any difference you can tell through the butt dyno?

Last edited:

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag

How does the power feel? Noticeable difference?

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
How does the power feel? Noticeable difference?
yes, the car seems to pick up faster. i have not got a good chance to give it a wot, but i do really like the mobile app that shows and log all live data, and the ability to read codes too

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yes, the car seems to pick up faster. i have not got a good chance to give it a wot, but i do really like the mobile app that shows and log all live data, and the ability to read codes too

agreed... the car seems to really pull. I run Map 3 almost always right now. here is one of my WOT pulls:

P.S Sorry it is a PDF...

Attachments

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
agreed... the car seems to really pull. I run Map 3 almost always right now. here is one of my WOT pulls:

P.S Sorry it is a PDF...
I m on map2 as mine is only stock on 93. what is required to run map3, 93+ gas right?

i really like the JB4 in my DD.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I m on map2 as mine is only stock on 93. what is required to run map3, 93+ gas right?

i really like the JB4 in my DD.
According to BMS, 93+ is for Map 3. I am had an intake on my car when I installed my JB4, I now have a cat back exhaust.
Sponsored