First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm with you. I've never done that before, but the brakes calipers look so meaty on this thing(in a good way), that I'm really considering it. Though I'm probably going with blue to match my car.

OP
OP
T_A_H

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
Also kinda wish they two toned red the seats like in 9th gen

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I've considered but I read how in the long term the paint starts chipping and it is super difficult to get the paint off the caliper when its old. I plan to keep this car for a long time and I didn't want to deal with that down the road. Then I discovered caliper covers but then read how you shouldn't use one. I would say totally get one because they definitely makes the car look cooler, just know the long term effects.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only know one shop up here that does it for $120 CAN. I kept going back and forth but it cost $50 for paint, primer and clear coat and figured it's an excuse to clean my rims.

I've been DIY my calipers since 2002 and have to admit it's a PITA especially after you spent 6+ hours and after one winter it looks like ****.

I usually wait 3-4 years before I redo it.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I keep reading reviews that rave about the stock brakes for the Si. Obviously not at the level of Brembo on the Type R, but very good nonetheless.

CEPA_Si

Detailing Guru
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2014 Kia Optima SX-t, 2010 Chevy Traverse LTZ
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want to do it your self, I would highly recommend getting a kit from G2. I know lots of people that have used these and they work very well. I am probably going to be doing mine in red at some point also.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I keep reading reviews that rave about the stock brakes for the Si. Obviously not at the level of Brembo on the Type R, but very good nonetheless.
I had the chance to test them (unwittingly) the other day, and was very impressed, FWIW. The lightness of the car was definitely felt, esp. compared to/coming from the TSX.

As for the main topic - thought about it too, but it (being a purely cosmetic, non-functional change) wasn't strong enough a desire to be worth the effort/hassle. Maybe HFP will have that option (with even larger brakes)?

2Smoker119

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2008 Accord v6
Country flag
I would look in to something like Cerakoting for the calipers. People do all colors. It is very thin and a lot more durable than paint. You will have to completely remove the calipers though.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
it sends like it should have come that way, no?

Yes/no/pls stop?
LOL @ "please stop"! Haha!

Personally, I equate painting OEM calipers with putting a "TURBO" sticker on a car without a turbo, putting a loud exhaust on a vehicle just to make it sound faster, or putting racing stripes on Nissan Versa. :)

Now, if I were to upgrade the calipers or maybe even just the pads and rotors, I might be more apt to paint the calipers to convey that something has been done to increase braking performance.

Curtman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
adfdsfdsf
Vehicle Showcase
I always wanted to do it too but never had a car with 4 wheel discs before. I am debating doing it but kinda of want to keep everything subtle on this car.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
I wouldn't do it; painted floating calipers just looks tacky. Why would you want to bring attention to the fact that it's floating calipers rather than high performance fixed calipers?

OP
OP
T_A_H

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
LOL @ "please stop"! Haha!

Personally, I equate painting OEM calipers with putting a "TURBO" sticker on a car without a turbo, putting a loud exhaust on a vehicle just to make it sound faster, or putting racing stripes on Nissan Versa. :)

Now, if I were to upgrade the calipers or maybe even just the pads and rotors, I might be more apt to paint the calipers to convey that something has been done to increase braking performance.
I just think with all the red accents that they should have been red.

I feel overall the 10th gen "si flare" is less focused on color and more on weird mesh.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't do it; painted floating calipers just looks tacky. Why would you want to bring attention to the fact that it's floating calipers rather than high performance fixed calipers?
It looks better than rusted calipers.
Sponsored