It's now officially official

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Get out of hear you Toyota fan boy and traitor!

Don’t let the Si’s door hit you on the way out:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

:p

Hopefully we will cya back in the XI
Sponsored

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
UPDATE- Due to something unexpected, I won't be getting the IS 350 until September 8th (It's not due to any mechanical issues). The good thing is the person I bought it from is arranging to have it shipped to me so I don't have to make another trip to SoCal. This threw a wrench into the mix and I had to withdraw the selling of my Si, so I still have it and will be driving it back today. The good news...I may be keeping the Si as well! I talked to my wife, and she will agree to us keeping it if I put the money back I used to buy the IS. To do this I would have to make monthly payments back to myself, to the account I moved the funds from. So essentially it would be like making car payments again :eek:. When I get back in town, I will have to go through my finances to see if this something that won't hit me financially hard, as I have a daughter in college and a son not to far down the line

BTW I have been driving it stock (the Si) for the last few days, and I love it. It actually feels much more natural, you just have to rev it out a bit more. I already offered to sell my Ktuner to one of the guys on this forum, and don't worry, I'm still selling it to you!

So @PowerPerLiter , @Honda_RacerX , and @Jayceegee I just may be keeping the Si if it doesn't hit my finances to hard, so stay tuned. I'll post pics of the Lexus when it arrives next week

black18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
UPDATE- Due to something unexpected, I won't be getting the IS 350 until September 8th (It's not due to any mechanical issues). The good thing is the person I bought it from is arranging to have it shipped to me so I don't have to make another trip to SoCal. This threw a wrench into the mix and I had to withdraw the selling of my Si, so I still have it and will be driving it back today. The good news...I may be keeping the Si as well! I talked to my wife, and she will agree to us keeping it if I put the money back I used to buy the IS. To do this I would have to make monthly payments back to myself, to the account I moved the funds from. So essentially it would be like making car payments again :eek:. When I get back in town, I will have to go through my finances to see if this something that won't hit me financially hard, as I have a daughter in college and a son not to far down the line

BTW I have been driving it stock (the Si) for the last few days, and I love it. It actually feels much more natural, you just have to rev it out a bit more. I already offered to sell my Ktuner to one of the guys on this forum, and don't worry, I'm still selling it to you!

So @PowerPerLiter , @Honda_RacerX , and @Jayceegee I just may be keeping the Si if it doesn't hit my finances to hard, so stay tuned. I'll post pics of the Lexus when it arrives next week

It's a sign.. ;)

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Why even get the Lexus lol, I guess when I’m old I will have a car collection as well.

Although if I’m keeping a manual sports car it would be like a mustang GT, Type R or a Miata.

Even though they aren’t directly in competition the cars are both small/mid size sedans that are kind of similar made in Japan etc.

But do whatever you want it’s a free country lol ; )

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Audi A3 Quattro, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Country flag
You never enjoy a car more than on the last drive to the dealership or new owner.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why even get the Lexus lol, I guess when I’m old I will have a car collection as well.

Although if I’m keeping a manual sports car it would be like a mustang GT, Type R or a Miata.

Even though they aren’t directly in competition the cars are both small/mid size sedans that are kind of similar made in Japan etc.

But do whatever you want it’s a free country lol ; )
It's not 100 percent that I will be keeping the Civic. If I do it will be used as a weekend car and will eventually go to my son.

BTW thanks for calling me old

KhashTR19

Manual Mania
First Name
Khashayar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe, White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
[QUOTE="amirza786, post:

And parting with the sweet-shifting manual?

Never. Not for all the cylinders, nor all the tea in China.

But good luck and enjoy.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You never enjoy a car more than on the last drive to the dealership or new owner.
Yeah, why is that? On my drive back from SoCal I swear this car never drove this good. It's like its taunting me....

newskate9

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type-R, 16 Honda Pilot Elite
Country flag
@amirza786 - sorry late response - life in a bit of turmoil these days. I'm truly sorry to see you go (or have your focus diverted!) and wanted to thank you for all your discussions and input, and sharing your experiences with me (us). You are what forums are supposed to be. Well done, sir.

And sincerely the best of luck with your new ride. Ride safe.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@amirza786 - sorry late response - life in a bit of turmoil these days. I'm truly sorry to see you go (or have your focus diverted!) and wanted to thank you for all your discussions and input, and sharing your experiences with me (us). You are what forums are supposed to be. Well done, sir.

And sincerely the best of luck with your new ride. Ride safe.
Thanks, I hope at least one of my posts was useful!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congratulations. Enjoy.
If you find yourself accidentally reaching for a clutch pedal or stick shift that is absent,
you are always welcome back.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congratulations. Enjoy.
If you find yourself accidentally reaching for a clutch pedal or stick shift that is absent,
you are always welcome back.
Ha ha I know that's going to happen, because on Sunday I drove our Sienna Minivan for the first time in a few months and I kept reaching for that phantom clutch a few times when starting the engine up! It also has a traditional key, I kept reaching for a button starter as well...

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, today is the last day of owning my Si, after reviewing to see if it makes financial sense to hold on to it, it just doesn't. I could afford to keep it, but it would be an extra unnecessary monthly expense. I was able to easily sell it, and pretty much recouped pretty close to what I paid for it. The car will be picked up tomorrow by the new owner. Just a word of advice to those who plan to sell your cars in the future, if you modified your car, hold on to the stock parts. The more modifications you made, in most cases the less money you will get for the car. Those modification you made may be valuable to you, but to a potential buyer, it means something else. Having only an Exhaust I got a little less money (they were fine with the Performance Intercooler). Unless you sell to a knowledgeable enthusiast who trusts your parts and that everything was installed properly, you would want to re-install all the stock components and sell the aftermarket parts on forums such as this one

Reactions: mjh

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I find it funny that at 50, you want something a little more comfy and stodgy (still a car i'd buy too). I'm 6 years older and have 13k on the Si driving daily in 680/280 traffic. Manual doesn't bother me as our traffic moves for the most part. I drove my wife's new Passport on Friday and it was so nice to just sit there and drive. Then my son shows me a 2004 Vette with 34k miles at the dealership he works for. Hmm. Wife says buy it after you sell the Si AND your motorcycle. I guess I'll be keeping the Si.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I find it funny that at 50, you want something a little more comfy and stodgy (still a car i'd buy too). I'm 6 years older and have 13k on the Si driving daily in 680/280 traffic. Manual doesn't bother me as our traffic moves for the most part. I drove my wife's new Passport on Friday and it was so nice to just sit there and drive. Then my son shows me a 2004 Vette with 34k miles at the dealership he works for. Hmm. Wife says buy it after you sell the Si AND your motorcycle. I guess I'll be keeping the Si.
I had my fun. Great car, but like you said, I need something a bit more comfy!
Sponsored