amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
The Costco price is around 1.5-2K under invoice on an IS350.

*Edit- For all intents and purposes, invoice is a made up number.
I know
Sponsored

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Congrats on the IS350! I like that generation and they have a nice luxurious interior and exterior that is aging well.

The SI is a great car, but if you want a nice interior and strong V6, you made the right choice.

If I knew that in 2008 Lexus was going to release a ISF, I would I bought one over my '07 Saleen Mustang.

Enjoy your new ride!

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Although I love my Si I would have rather had no car payments. One car for toy and another for commute/toy. Wife wanted me in a new car. The Lexus is a nice car and now your in a rear drive which will be next for me.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yesterday I flashed my Si back to stock getting it ready to sell for this weekend, and after driving this morning I actually appreciate more why Honda tuned it the way they did. After driving with the TSP stage 1 tune for the past 7 months, its a slightly different feeling going back to stock. There is a bit less power on the lower end and you have to go down a little harder on the accelerator and shift higher in the rpm range, but there is a smoothness to it that I think you lose some of when tuned. You are trading more response and power for slightly less smooth acceleration.

Anyway if I was keeping the car I would re flash it again to the TSP tune. Can't let those BMW's beat me at the light!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Although I love my Si I would have rather had no car payments. One car for toy and another for commute/toy. Wife wanted me in a new car. The Lexus is a nice car and now your in a rear drive which will be next for me.
If I could I would keep the Si, but I pulled money out of my savings to pay for the Lexus. If I don't put that money back in, I will never hear the end from my wife. Plus the added cost of the extra car on my insurance

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tomorrow is my last trip in my Si. I will be heading to Southern Cal to pickup my IS 350 and drop off my Si to it's new owner on Friday. I plan to take it thru it's final paces through the steep windy passes on 152 and the Grapevine. It will be the last time I will be rowing through gears for awhile, so I'm going to make the most of it. I hope the new owner will enjoy it as much as I do

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
Tomorrow is my last trip in my Si. I will be heading to Southern Cal to pickup my IS 350 and drop off my Si to it's new owner on Friday. I plan to take it thru it's final paces through the steep windy passes on 152 and the Grapevine. It will be the last time I will be rowing through gears for awhile, so I'm going to make the most of it. I hope the new owner will enjoy it as much as I do
Amirza, thank you for all the posts you've made here. I likely will be buying an Si in the coming months, and I've learned so much from what you've written. Enjoy the new car.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag

damn dude this is just sad. its like taking your pet to the vet to be put down.

kinda sux man not having you on the forums anymore.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
damn dude this is just sad. its like taking your pet to the vet to be put down.

kinda sux man not having you on the forums anymore.
No dude, it's like giving your pet a better home. To use your example, my German Shepherd came from a home where they didn't appreciate her because she was a little aggressive. We took her, trained and loved her and now she is happy and in a better place.

There are a lot smarter people on this forum then me, but thanks! I appreciate that. I'll hang around awhile, this is a great community. The Toyota community is so boring, so I won't be on any Toyota or Lexus blogs...

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Amirza, thank you for all the posts you've made here. I likely will be buying an Si in the coming months, and I've learned so much from what you've written. Enjoy the new car.
You are welcome. It's a great car, you won't regret it. I had a blast driving it 1 year, 2 months, 17k. It's great both stock and tuned. If you do buy one, my advice is stay away from modifications other than Ktuner and possibly an upgraded Intercooler otherwise you could find yourself running into problems and a money pit

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Have a safe trip down to Southern Cal. I have not made that trip in a while.

Enjoy the SI for one last time. Hope you keep posting time to time. Enjoyed your posts.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What? Might as well make it memorable. Take the PCH 1 thru Half Moon Bay down to Monterey, along Carmel by the Sea, wind your way to Bug Sur, and drive thru San Luis Obispo, then take the 101 thru Santa Barbara and reach LA.

At least do it on your way back with the Lexus but that route is more fun on stick shift. Good luck.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
You are welcome. It's a great car, you won't regret it. I had a blast driving it 1 year, 2 months, 17k. It's great both stock and tuned. If you do buy one, my advice is stay away from modifications other than Ktuner and possibly an upgraded Intercooler otherwise you could find yourself running into problems and a money pit
Thanks! That's an easy call because I'm NOT a mods guy, at all. I would love to tune it, and if I do I will budget and plan for a new clutch, just in case I need it at some point.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Even though I have a CTR I always enjoyed conversations with you and hope your IS serves you well. My Lexus ambitions are a bit out of reach (okay, a lot of out reach) right now but maybe in the future I can own the one I want. Until then, enjoy the IS and thanks for your contributions here!
Sponsored