Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
well, you are 50 years old, i guess you do need a bit more of a boring ride. its strange how passionate you were about your si and its performance to all of a sudden getting rid of it for an automatic trans, old man car.

the only thing that gets me is the trade from a 2019 to a 2010? even if it is a lexus that seems like a step back.
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually don't care about the newest tech. I like old school dials and knobs. It has enough tech to connect my phone, and I will just mount it for Google maps etc.

BTW if I had run into a Honda Sports V6 at this price and mileage I might have jumped on that. It was just timing, my friend was selling and I was ready
Grats on the new ride.

Hopefully you don't have the terrible track pad interface thingy for your infotainment. Hopefully, you at least got carplay as well.

As much as people hate on the Si infotainment system, it's much easier to use than the one in the 2017 nx and rx

Edit: NVM I just saw what year you got. You still have the "good" radio/bt experience

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@amirza786 I've probably got a 5-10 year old Cadillac/Lexus/Acura that's a larger car screaming my name here about ~6 more years if I can just hold off. After having a Cadillac nestled right between my RSX Type-S I had for 3 years and 9th gen Si I had for 3 more... I totally get the appeal. I'd have another one now if I didn't already have too many cars and an unclear future as to whether I'll have to move with the navy again. In a lot of ways, the old Caddy to '15 Civic was a huge downgrade, even through the Civic was more engaging. That boat of a Caddy was no slouch until pushed hard (and it won't hold a candle to a IS 350)... and I liked it'd give me a massage in those big cush leather seats along the way. I got it when I was 30 and took the 'old man car' comments in stride.

I'm excited for you. I figured the end was soon as you kept looking. Once you start seriously looking like that... usually the end is near. This car suits me pretty well but with the 9th gen... I was looking to get out of it before the 2 year mark, I just couldn't figure out what I wanted. If Honda hadn't have a gen 10 Si just come out and it be a pretty large change from the 9th gen... I wouldn't be in this.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Come to think of it I did look at a IS at a Lincoln dealer it was in the preowned lot very nice and impressive but I’m an coupe fan once again best of luck on your new ride

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sat in a Lexus at an auto show and woweeeeee those were comfortable seats. One of my dream cars is an RC-F, I just love the naturally aspirated V8 and overall looks. Probably has more than enough performance for me, although I hear the transmission isn’t the sportiest. Enjoy the IS!

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
Who am I going to get 90% of my Civic info from now?

Congrats on the new ride, I think my stepmom has the same car, but like a 2016-17 model maybe?

Civic17siYAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Congrats on the new vehicle. I had a 2007 is250 back in the day and loved it. My dashboard started melting at about 15k miles. Later learned that they did issue a recall for it but Other than that it was a nice car.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
What other parts are you looking to sell besides the ktuner? Interested in purchasing also locally pickup.
I didn't mod my car, only Cat-back exhaust and performance Intercooler. The person I am selling it to wants those to stay. I do have brand new WeatherTech wind deflectors in the box. These are one of the best wind deflectors, very high quality

Dawsfc3

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
I didn't mod my car, only Cat-back exhaust and performance Intercooler. The person I am selling it to wants those to stay. I do have brand new WeatherTech wind deflectors in the box. These are one of the best wind deflectors, very high quality
Ok no problem.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
well, you are 50 years old, i guess you do need a bit more of a boring ride. its strange how passionate you were about your si and its performance to all of a sudden getting rid of it for an automatic trans, old man car.

the only thing that gets me is the trade from a 2019 to a 2010? even if it is a lexus that seems like a step back.
Ha ha, i will definitely miss you the most (I'm saying that with love)! I do love the Si, it is without doubt the best car in it's class. But like you stated, I am getting to a point where I need something a bit more comfortable. I wish this car, the 10th gen was around 10 years ago.

A Lexus is a car you can buy at 100K on it and be confident it will give you 10 more years. I would never buy one brand new, they are way to expensive. They have good resale, that's why I bought a 2010, because a 2014 is almost $30K with this mileage, which I don't want to spend. I would rather buy an older car I can trust and let someone else ride out the devaluation. In a few years I will sell this and buy one that is newer (maybe not this particular model).

I don't mind boring, especially at my age. I drove a 2006 Camry SE for 12 years, so boring is not bad...at my age that is. At some point I will probably get the bug again and pick up a used 10th gen Si down the road, than I will be back on this forum

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
So sorry for your loss @amirza786 , my condolences...lol.

I like the Lexus IS series as well, great cars. I looked at them (used) briefly but just not what I want at this point in my life. I'm going to enjoy driving stick while I can.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So sorry for your loss @amirza786 , my condolences...lol.

I like the Lexus IS series as well, great cars. I looked at them (used) briefly but just not what I want at this point in my life. I'm going to enjoy driving stick while I can.
Yes, keep the manual going, maybe pass this down to your kids in the future and go full on old man like me!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag