Issues with my CTR??

What should I do?

• Have the dealer fix both issues

• The dealer cannot fix these issues

• The dealer can only fix the seat issue

• The dealer can only fix the sound rattle

• I have the same issues, too!

• You're crazy... suck it up butter cup.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys,

I am wondering if I am nit picking, you guys have the same issues, or I am just crazy...

My first issue is if I lean back in my driver side seat and reach to the back seat... it "clicks" like something is popping out of socket.... I can depress it back in but this does not seem normal and I would think over time it could eventually break and come completely apart..

Is this the same for all of you or am I crazy? Should I address this with the dealer?

The second is with the sound system.

For stock, I like it quite a bit... but there is a small vibration that comes from the front driver side door. Now if I turn the volume down... of course it goes away.... however, if I stick my fingers between the dash and the door (there is a small opening) the vibration/rattle goes away. I have thought about putting a rigid piece of foam between the dash and the door to prevent the vibration..... Can this be fixed by a dealer? perhaps my door panel is loose?
Sponsored

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
As far as the seat goes, mine does it too. I just try not to put weight into it if I am reaching back or something.

The noise issues, I would get someone to add sound proof insulation inside the door as other people have done here on the forum. You can ask, but most likely the vibration noise is on you and Honda will tell you to take a flying leap at the moon if you ask them to fix it. It seems the door vibration affects a small percentage of Type R's, mine doesn't do it.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
My seat cracks and pops in the lumbar area when I get into the car and sit down. I thought it's normal, and the seat does that to adjust itself to conform with your back. I previously had a GTI, and its seat did the same thing.

I have buzzing in the passenger door and sometimes in the center infotainment area. After I bought the red ring for the tweezer, the rather goes away. I think the weight helps reducing the vibration.

At this price point, I don't expected much. I feel like these cars will have rattle or buzzing here or there.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
The dealer can probably isolate the rid you of the rattle. The seat clicking is the frame inside that pushes the headrest forward in an accident, or the springs across the back. I fixed a noisy seat in my '15 Mustang GT by unzipping the cover over the back and lubricating a spot that was squeaking. Try it. The dealer is just going to tear your car up, if they can even replicate the noise.

vissor

First Name
Jemmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic type R
Country flag
Enjoy your car and say thanx that you don't have problems with gear grinding and lockouts...

OP
OP
Caestus

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Enjoy your car and say thanx that you don't have problems with gear grinding and lockouts...

Oh... I for sure have this but I did not want to create a new thread for an already WELL documented issue. 2nd locking/grinding 4th lockout and 5th lockout and grinding.

DDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR CW
Country flag
My seat does this from time to time. I wouldn't worry too much about it although I understand some folks have different expectations. The rattling noise, I'm positive the dealership will attempt to fix it for you.

regarding the lockout/grinding. never understood this one. maybe I"m lucky or maybe from experience I know some manual transmissions can be notchy, (I own 4 currently). I didn't want to read the mega thread, but I'm guessing folks are expecting the shifting to be butter smooth all the time? On all my manual transmission cars, the trans has some sort of notchniess.

Anyway, apologies for opening a can of worms that has already been opened. Just thought I'd provide some context on your original question. Your seat issue is normal. The rattling can be addressed, I'd be surprised if a dealer didn't attempt to fix it. The question now is, do you want them taking apart your door?
Sponsored