Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using a desktop.

So I was online and pressed the "return to stock" option. Then I hooked my Flashpro to my car and uploaded the return to stock tune (slot was empty on the Flashpro). Everything uploaded successfully.

Came back inside and went to unlock my ECU. It won't unlock my car and I get an error saying "You must upload a stock calibration before the Flashpro can be unlocked (#1)"??? WTF?

I tried calling Hondata a couple times and no one answered.

Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I just did the reverse of the locking procedure and it was fine.

Had the laptop hooked up to the flashpro which was hooked up to the car and just clicked return to stock. Not sure what tune you uploaded but I don't think you can upload a stock tune to the flash pro then go to the car.

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well that sucks. My understanding (I followed a video from ProCivic) was that I could unlock it going back and forth from a desktop.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
yeah i'm not too sure about that. When I sold my 9th gen SI, I just brought the laptop with me and just returned to stock with no problems.

What you probably did was upload a stock equivalent tune and not necessary "stock".

OP
OP
gtman

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was able to borrow a laptop and finally got the actual factory tune uploaded. But, when I tried to unlock it, it gave me some VIN error code. Finally I went back to my desktop, after a couple tries, I finally was able to unlock it. Hondata doesn't make it easy.

Last edited:

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Return ECU to stock and uploading a stock tune are two entirely different things. You need a computer hooked up to the flash pro and the flash pro plugged into your car at the same time, you'll also need an internet connection. Click the online drop down menu and click "return ECU to stock", you will then be able to unlock from your vehicle.

tiji12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic ex-t 2016
For me , when I try to "return ecu to stock", I got this message : return ecu to 2016 cvt touring. But my car is a 2016 cvt ex-t, does it matter since when I choose tune there are selection for each model.
Sponsored