Isn’t always Black and White!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Small world! Your CTR was the first one I ever saw in person, beautiful! I would to meet up but unfortunately my CW CTR is officially a total loss today. I’m undecided between a replacement CW or CBP. I’d like to see your black one. Where did it get it ceramic coated?
Buy-back the wreck!!! Perfect donor for....something!

I got mine done at Prestige in York - it's down in Emigsville. Small shop that isn't pretty from the outside but the inside is where the magic is!
Alternatively, Ceramic Pro Auto Spa in Lancaster in Manheim Pike - I know the people there and they've done some PPF on mine and they've coated 2 other black CTRs. I always joke with them because they're loaded with black cars! Their shop is super nice with a coffee bar and waiting area-

Mine was the first black one I saw in person I think. When I got the deposit in for mine, Hanover had a white one in their showroom that they were trying to get $10k over for. I didn't get to see the first black one that came in to Apple.
Sponsored

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
I have a CBP CTR that is ceramic coated and it looks absolutely beautiful for the few minutes that it stays clean. Still collects dust even when it's in the garage. So it literally only stays clean for a few minutes after it gets washed. Used to bother the hell out of me but now I just don't give a shit when my car is dirty.

Vteclover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic si
Country flag
I have a CBP CTR that is ceramic coated and it looks absolutely beautiful for the few minutes that it stays clean. Still collects dust even when it's in the garage. So it literally only stays clean for a few minutes after it gets washed. Used to bother the hell out of me but now I just don't give a shit when my car is dirty.
Yup, car are built to drive, if I want it to keep clean, I mind put it in the showroom with air sealed

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Does it get that same dust-covered matte look that all of the 10th gen black civics get when dirty, or is it just a less shiny clean? Every time I see a black 10th gen hatch, it looks like it's never seen a car wash.

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Does it get that same dust-covered matte look that all of the 10th gen black civics get when dirty, or is it just a less shiny clean? Every time I see a black 10th gen hatch, it looks like it's never seen a car wash.
It depends how dirty it is. If it's light dust then it looks shiny from far away but up close you definitely see all the dust.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
It depends how dirty it is. If it's light dust then it looks shiny from far away but up close you definitely see all the dust.
Gotcha. To be fair, my current WOP Coupe is also a bit like this. I wonder if the black is really that much worse?

TEAMM_AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Forester XT, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I've been digging black as of late. But CW all the way! Black looks amazing clean. Having said that, 2-3 drives and it it's dirty.

CTRFK8

First Name
Sauce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
My first black car was a 1994 integra, after 15+ years I decide to get black again. The R looks badass(when clean) but I dont think I want another black car ever again. I love white and graphite on bmw's but something with the R, not feeling it. So much going on with the styling/curves/color so I went with black to hide some of the crazy design.

OP
OP
Superfly

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Sorry if I missed it, but did you get the car you wanted? did it end up being Black or White?
I haven't decided yet, I should have the insurance check in hand by Wednesday so I'll have to decide soon. I'm split 50/50 between the CBP/CW. I did manage to find a blue one too but I'm not feeling it.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The black looks better for the Type R and it covers up the boy-racer styling a little bit. I wouldn't get it though as I'd hate to keep it clean. I'd go white.

Zatannaz

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
D4F06B3E-2DCA-4FC4-B039-5E83514DB47D.jpeg

My votes for arange, if you can find one
That looks a lot like my red sedan
in the sunlight. I like that orange so much! That pic was before I did black rims and added the black sport package. Don’t have a pic of mine completed yet. Japan’s red is so much darker. I added black rims. I have the black mirror caps- just can’t decide wether to switch or keep the red caps lol. But I know I digress off the topic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Isn’t always Black and White! 0FE84E08-0550-44D9-8A3E-986D60A8EA66

Honda Civic 10th gen Isn’t always Black and White! F3902BE1-1C5B-4BE5-93D1-ED2C8D7DF6E4

Last edited: