Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have the OEM non touchscreen radio and the whole sound system sucks pretty bad. Is it possible to install a sub and amp to the OEM radio?
If so is there anyone here who’s done it? Or has a guild on it ?
Sponsored

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Before I got an aftermarket head unit I had my friend help me install a hideaway sub underneath the drivers seat. From there we connected it to my OEM radio that also happened to be the non touch screen version like you mentioned. It's made listening to music much more enjoyable, although you can definitely tell there is a difference compared to a full on sub in the trunk. This video seemed to be helpful with explaining the process if you're wanting to go the DIY route.

Daniel644

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan, 2003 Trailblazer LS, 1999 Pontiac Firebird
Country flag
possible, this was one of the first things I researched on this car before I bought it. But it's not as easy as it would be with an aftermarket unit, basically you need to wire in a Line Out Converter, but it's recommended not to use just any line out converter, you want one that can do bass restoration like this https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/lc7i/ based on the research I did into it.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
There's many threads in the electronics section that have all the pictures and links and rants (*cough*).

wdrx02

Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB
Country flag
Oh very possible my friend! but, What?! Why?!
Sponsored