Is this a normal rattle evaluation?

Goseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
So I brought my Civic in to get a soft rattle on the dashboard, around the center speaker looked at. After 3 hours, I get a call that they're done. I review my dashcam. They drove it 8 miles over 30 minutes and brought it back to the shop. 20 minutes later, it's being driven through the dealership wash and parked.

Is this a normal dealership evaluation of a rattle? The note said drove car, sound reproduced, stopped after light banging on dash. The service person told me they took the dash apart and put it back and the sound went away.

I'm just trying to find a good service dealership I can trust, so I want to make sure this seemed legit. Thanks.
Sponsored

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I don't know. How about this.. If I told you I ran a marathon that would have taken a professional at least 6 and a half hours in half that time would you believe me?

I find it hard to believe that they took apart the dash and put it back together, all the while, driving it for 30 minutes then 20 minutes later washing/parking the car. So essentially, two hours. Taking apart the dash and putting it back in two hours.

No. Your car (and you) got taken for a ride. You wasted 3 hours for a light bang on the dash.

nuowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I don't know. How about this.. If I told you I ran a marathon that would have taken a professional at least 6 and a half hours in half that time would you believe me?

I find it hard to believe that they took apart the dash and put it back together, all the while, driving it for 30 minutes then 20 minutes later washing/parking the car. So essentially, two hours. Taking apart the dash and putting it back in two hours.

No. Your car (and you) got taken for a ride. You wasted 3 hours for a light bang on the dash.
Or you could look at it like he TOFTT. I know I'm gonna go out this morning and give mine a whack.

Royalz_2o9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Touring Sedan
Country flag
mine does the same thing, slight slight rattle. i keep thinking the center speaker grill was loose

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
Does it still rattle? How much did they charge you?