kamjah

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Nissan Altima
Country flag
Been shopping for a couple weeks now and I'm starting to get tired (summer in AZ). Seriously considering pulling the trigger on this tomorrow morning.

It's a 2017 Civic HB LX. 16k miles with a Honda CPO warranty 7yrs/100k. They have it listed as the "online price" of $16,354 currently (although yesterday it was $15,700 which I snapped a picture of).

That being said, the fees and add-ons were absolutely ridiculous (I'm new to AZ's fees and crap), the early OTD prices were floating around 21-23k OTD.

I got them down to 17k OTD which includes a trade-in of an 09 altima with high mileage for $2,000. The Altima CVT has transmission overheating which is the whole reason I'm buying a new car so I feel like this is decent as a trade-in.

Also if it matters, I had a pre-approval for 3.64% interest rate for 48 months through my credit union if I reached 90% LTV (which would've been $16,134). They offered me the same interest rate for the same time period for no money down.

What do you guys think? Decent deal?
Sponsored

Scott_ATL

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring, 2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid
Country flag
MSRP on the new 2019 HB LX is $22,3xx. Here in Atlanta, our dealers have them listed anywhere between $19,500-20,800 and could probably go lower with the right haggling. If it were me, and my finances could swing the extra $2-3K, I go with a new 2019 because you get the added benefit of Honda Sensing *standard*, a volume knob (if that's your thing), and you know how it has been driven. That's always my concern with a pre-owned/used car, regardless of "warranty". Just my 2 cents. (For what it's worth, I didn't think I could swing the $30k price of the Sport Touring, because I'm a cheap, frugal b*stard...LOL But doing my research, using this forum, and negotiating via phone and email, I got it for $27,500 OTD (that included all taxes, outrageous dealer fees, and registration), and it was the last week of August.

sbstnce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Hatch in WOP, 3rd Gen Acura Tl
Country flag
honestly! i was in your same dilemma except the used and non cpos were around 17,500 for an lx and 18k for an ex, I would def go new if you can swing it and will def get a lower apr for new. Goodluck. We got them down to 21,190 on a new ex hatch. 23,700 otd
Sponsored