Is this a bug, a feature, or is my car busted?

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
I have auto headlights turned on with auto high beams turned off. What' I've discovered is if you have your high beams turned on manually by moving the stick toward the engine bay and when you pull back to turn them off, you pull the stick ever so slightly back toward the driver once it hit the off position for literally a fraction of a second, auto high beams activate. I went through the process in the manual to turn off the auto high beams again thinking this was a fluke but sure enough, it happened again.

Instead of going through the process of holding the high beams on for 40 seconds, I simply pulled the stick back towards me for a fraction of a second and presto, auto high beams were off again without having to go through the 40 second process.

2019 LX 2.0 with CVT

Anyone else stumble on this?
Sponsored

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I have auto headlights turned on with auto high beams turned off. What' I've discovered is if you have your high beams turned on manually by moving the stick toward the engine bay and when you pull back to turn them off, you pull the stick ever so slightly back toward the driver once it hit the off position for literally a fraction of a second, auto high beams activate. I went through the process in the manual to turn off the auto high beams again thinking this was a fluke but sure enough, it happened again.

Instead of going through the process of holding the high beams on for 40 seconds, I simply pulled the stick back towards me for a fraction of a second and presto, auto high beams were off again without having to go through the 40 second process.

2019 LX 2.0 with CVT

Anyone else stumble on this?
I’ve got the opposite issue. I have auto high beams on. Sometimes the auto on stops working and then I’ll briefly flash them, then it starts working again.

OP
OP
TheHorse13

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
I’ve got the opposite issue. I have auto high beams on. Sometimes the auto on stops working and then I’ll briefly flash them, then it starts working again.
Same issue, opposite desired outcome. It appears that slightly flicking the high beams tells the car to turn on/off the auto high beam functionality. I guess I can wipe busted off the list of possibilities.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Its a feature, any intervention by using the high beam manually will turn off the auto function, to activate the auto function pull back on the stalk for a few seconds. Its all in the owners manual.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Its a feature, any intervention by using the high beam manually will turn off the auto function, to activate the auto function pull back on the stalk for a few seconds. Its all in the owners manual.
Yes, that part is a feature. What the OP describes is the opposite and seems like a bug.

Gandalf

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan MSM
Country flag